Can't find my motivation

Options
I need to lose about forty pounds. I can't find my exercise motivation. Maybe I need a workout partner. I have tried to find a trainer but cannot find one that I like.

Replies

• jl98469
    jl98469 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it'd be helpful, but perhaps two unmotivated people could be of help to push each other, even through distance?
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'll help keep you motivated. I have struggled with finding motivation, but it gets easier the more I do it each day. It will for you too. You have to take it one day at a time. Having the extra support from friends is a bonus.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,555 Member
    Options
    If you truly really want something bad enough, motivation shouldn't be an issue. Reassess. Are you willing to do what it takes to reach the goal you want to achieve? If you hesitate to answer or look for reasons that would hold you back, then you only have a desire........................and not a BURNING desire.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ms_maruska
    ms_maruska Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I sort of tricked myself into exercising regularly. The fist two weeks, I would wake up early, around 6-6:30 and then exercise before coffee or anything else. I would just change and do it. By the time I would really be conscious to realize what I'm doing, I would have been half way through it already :) Now, it's only been 3 weeks, but I wake up as usual and read a bit of news and then exercise and the thought of not doing it doesn't cross my mind. Also, another obvious perk of doing it for "this long" is that you can do more, longer, better and higher and you feel better and better about your fitness level each day which sort of motivates you further.
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    It helps me to work out in the morning even if it means getting up early. If I plan on doing it at night I constantly have it in the back of my mind which annoys me so much that I won't end up doing it. If I get my workout in early in the day I feel like I accomplished something, no matter how the rest of the day might bring.
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    KellyLouiseGibson Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    p9qiauzfgpgc.jpg

2f4fxizapd9i.jpg

Maybe this will inspire you - I have down this all in 5 months its so worth the pain!
    I still have another stone and a half to burn but I NO I WILL DO IT!
    Good Luck
    Be positive x
  • Susueliza
    Susueliza Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Can you find a sport of some kind you like? When youre having fun it doesnt feel like exercise, and you want to go each time because you want to see your teammates who become your friends, and dont want to let them down :)

Doesnt have to be a really difficult or expensive sport, maybe something like badminton or tennis? Youll be running up and down the court without even realising it!
  • bradley345
    bradley345 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    kellygibbo848, great inspiration indeed!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Look behind you ;)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    the fact that you are not where you want to be should be enough motivation.
  • ninodre
    ninodre Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you want it bad enough you can do it! That's how I use to be I had to force myself to go. Just start of slow 30 mins a couple days of week and eventually it will get easier and you can do it longer. You don't need anybody just put on your music blast that *kitten* and get to it!! You can do it!
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Once any given activity becomes part of your norm, motivation not an issue. I "have to" work out in the same way I "have to" brush my teeth. Now, how to get it to be part of your norm SOLELY resides within your wants and needs. Everyone is inspired or had a breaking point from something different. Identity what was yours, build on that. Example, mine was watching a news story about a remarkable cyclist who had been hit by a bus and almost torn in half rehab himself back to cycling! Sort of put my excuses to shame.
  • iharvestmoons
    iharvestmoons Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I find it's really hard to get motivated to work out by myself. If someone else is pushing me to do it with them then I have no problem. I think even people getting on to me on the feed here might even help. Feel free too add me.
  • chrisdell21
    chrisdell21 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Getting the motivation to get to the gym has been the hardest thing to do. I don't have anyone that I can go with so it makes it easier to skip when I'm tired. Im struggling to stay healthy and it sucks. I'm here if you want to add me and maybe we can motivate each other. Maybe online check ins? We can share how well we did at the gym or something haha
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I think I saw it down the street having a cup of coffee.