change.

Options
Hi, up until 2 weeks ago I've been counting calories and trying to stick to foods with low fat. PT told me to try 40% carbs, 30% prtein and 30% fat diet and since trying to stick to that I gave put on a few pounds.can anyone have a look at my diary and suggest where I'm going wrong or does anyone have any advice our opinions on slimming world? Many many thanks xxx

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    If you are not losing, you are not in a calorie deficit/
  • neogramps
    neogramps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yeah you need to be in a calorie deficit to lose the weight - low fat stuff normally has sugar added for flavour, and fat is an important part of your diet (i.e. have full fat milk or yoghurt, but limit your intake of deep fried cheeseburgers).

Your diary appears to be private, so we cannot comment on what you've been eating for now.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,940 Member
    Options
    PT? Did you just start a new exercise routine? Are your muscles sore/hurting? You may be retaining water.
  • jesscant12345
    jesscant12345 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi I've changed my privacy settings now oops! Yes I've started circuts this week and my muscles are very sore could that be a factor?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Percentages mean nothing.... You could be sticking to that breakdown but eating in a surplus.

You need fat for good health - don't cut it out or eat too little.

If you're eating more carbs, that'll make you hold water too. Your diary seems very carb heavy to me...
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    If it's only been 2 weeks don't worry about it for now. As others have said it may be your muscles retaining water, as well as any number of other things. Weight loss isn't linear, you won't lose weight every week. Looks like you're weighing everything, so you should be fine. If you still haven't lost anything in another few weeks then you'll need to start looking at what's going wrong, but it's quite common to stop losing for 2 or 3 weeks then carry on losing without changing anything.
  • jesscant12345
    Options
    Livingleanlivingclean would you suggest eating less carbs? What else can you suggest to help? Many thanks
  • jesscant12345
    Options
    I've been using this app for 3 months and lost 7lbs, but in the past two weeks I've put on 4 pounds.
  • awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    According to your ticker goal on here you only have 12 pounds to lose. When you have such a small amount it can be a challenge. Here is my advice.
    Don't worry so much about your overall weight. Your not fat. Go and lift weights. Harden up your body. Gauge your success by how you feel when you look into a mirror instead of the number you see on a scale. (Seriously, you know how to eat, go and put your scale away in your closet or something and make sure you keep lifting weights. )
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I've started circuits this week and my muscles are very sore could that be a factor?

Yes.
    Don't change anything for four weeks and see the trend not the bump in the road.
  • jesscant12345
    Options
    According to your ticker goal on here you only have 12 pounds to lose. When you have such a small amount it can be a challenge. Here is my advice.
    Don't worry so much about your overall weight. Your not fat. Go and lift weights. Harden up your body. Gauge your success by how you feel when you look into a mirror instead of the number you see on a scale. (Seriously, you know how to eat, go and put your scale away in your closet or something and make sure you keep lifting weights. )

Thanks so much. Would you say I'm eating the right foods?