Losing weight and third shift...

Options
how do you guys record your food when working third shift? I'm new to this and currently on a 11:30p-7:30a shift 6 nights a week so I'm a little confused about how to dock it. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I track midnight to midnight.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter, just be consistent and look at your average for the week.
  • bren3jet
    bren3jet Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Doesnt' matter.... but I track midnight to midnight.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    When I worked straight 3rds, I'd log the day from when I got up to when I went to bed. For instance, if I got up @ 9pm on Thursday and went to bed at 1pm Friday, all my food got logged for Thursday. When I went to split shifts, I went back to midnight-to-midnight, because it just got too complicated.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    midnight to midnight for me too. Makes much more sense than anything else to me. Plus it's a lot easier than always toggling back and forth between days.
  • inloveanddeathxx
    Options
    Okay cool. Thanks for the replies guys!!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    24 hour period.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    another vote for midnight to midnight
  • anrebma
    anrebma Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I start my logging for the "day" from when I wake up and complete my entry before I go to sleep. I look at it as my normal day. I get all fudged up though, on my days off.
  • awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    midnight to midnight is much more simple.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I always log from when I get up till I go to bed unless I'm seriously not working ill/injured then I just don't bother as I sleep in 6 hour sleep 6 hour awake cycles and survive on soup and cr
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Another vote for midnight to midnight, so that it lines up with my Fitbit and always consistent.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    how do you guys record your food when working third shift? I'm new to this and currently on a 11:30p-7:30a shift 6 nights a week so I'm a little confused about how to dock it. Thanks in advance!

You can change the name of your meals to whatever you want, not just breakfast, lunch, etc. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings