Calories

Options
I am 18 y/o and I'm working on erring a toned body and making my tummy flatter and get rid of minor muffin top. I use to be very active but the past year or two I have gotten some health issues and was a bed potato for a while. I am 125 pounds and I stay around that weight. I need to know some exercises to get to my goal! Also I eat a lot of high calorie food and it says I should do a 1,700 calorie intake but I usually do 2,500 (whoops) any good suggestions in recipes that will make me less hungry but taste yummy! (Gluten free please)

Replies

• fatcaf69
    fatcaf69 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would follow Slimming World recipes I am wheat intolerant- cook from fresh - meat and vegetables, drink plenty of water, fruit, don't eat any high calorie processed foods - stick to fruit. Try and cut out sugar in terms of non natural occurring, eat plenty of veg with each meal, eat breakfast, keep away from the gluten free aisle treats - i.e. don't eat any of their cakes or sweet treats. You need to keep it natural as you are gluten intolerant - obviously still eat your gluten free pasta and bread items just not lots of bread. Get back into exercise - start off with walking whether on treadmill or out and about and easing into exercise, ensure you do some work with weights - combine cardio and weights.......
  • FitStrongHealthy
    FitStrongHealthy Posts: 220 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    First off, you can't spot reduce. To lose weight and body fat you need to eat at a deficit. The weight will come off when and where it wants to.

To gain strength and muscle definition (tone) lift weights and progressively get heavier. You won't instantly gain a bunch of muscle or look like a bodybuilder, because 1) women don't produce as much testosterone as men do and 2) you can't gain muscle in a deficit except for newbie gains. Cardio will also help put you in a deeper deficit, so add that into your routine if you'd like. Exercise is really not required for weight loss, so you don't really have to add it into your routine just yet if you don't want to but I would suggest at least starting a lifting program two days week now especially if you want that defined look.

Second, it doesn't matter what you eat or how "healthy" you eat as long you're in a deficit, unless you have a medical condition that requires you to eat a certain way. I'm no help with gluten free or low carb stuff cause I've never tried to restrict myself like that and I have never had a reason to, but I'm sure someone else could.

Hope some of this helps you at least and good luck on your journey.

ETA: I also wanted to add that a recomp would probably help as well. Eat close to or at your maintenance calories lift weights (progressively upping the weights as you go). It's a slow process, but many people who have finished their recomps will tell you it is worth it. Or you could try a bulk and cut cycle which are shorter than a recomp.

Again, good luck.
  • sierrahill13
    sierrahill13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks. And I have celiac disease and TYPE 1 diabetes. So I do need to eat a certain way! But thank you for commenting! (: