New

Options
Hi!
I am new to MFP website. I have been bouncing around in the community for 2 days now reading and doing some posting and trying to get a feel on what it all has to offer.
I started tracking my food intake and excersize almost 2 weeks ago via my phone and have for the most part stayed under my calorie goals and feel like I am eating more then I did and definately made huge changes in the type of food.
I am still having issues with sugar. I want it so bad!!! I work on my feet and do a lot of walking when I am at work, but that is only like 2 days a week for 6 hours. When I work at home it is here on the computer and as you can imagine I sit, sit, and sit some more!! I do have the advantage of making my own schedule, but I always get online right away in the AM when I get up and get my messages responded to and do a little research before I make huge plans for the day.
I have lots of things to offer me to have fun while working out. Wii Zumba and More Active 2. I also garden and have lots of that yet to do. Ihave dogs I could take out and walk. I have 4 kids! I have an acre and a half of a yard to mow! Whew! That is just the starters!
The weather is finally nicer, but it doesn't seem to want to quit raining! UGH!
Looking for new friends here and motivating to keep going.

Replies

• Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Hi! I think sugar is an evil, delicious thing that takes some time and effort to get away from...lol! I find if I'm craving sweet I can curb it with a portion of fruit (some people eat it with a protein) and a large glass of water. As humans we crave three things...fatty, salty and sweet. You're already on the right track and I wish you best of luck! :smile:
  • mikedigesu
    mikedigesu Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I joined this site back in March and I really love it here. There are a lot of wonderful people who'll become your friends and everyone is in the same boat! For once I wasn't ashamed of my weight and my struggles. Everyone here understood my struggles and that helped me more than anything. There was no judging or snide remarks, just love and support. I hope you like it here and I hope you get a lot out of it. It will work! I have lost 31 pounds so far and I have about 80 to go. Send me a friend request if you'd like...I'm mikedigesu
  • cnewyou
    cnewyou Posts: 40
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I'll add you as a friend. We can keep each other inpspired on this journey.
  • MrsVagus
    MrsVagus Posts: 82
    Options
    Hi- I am new too, and I completely agree about the sugar. Evil.
    I never have cravings for salty, always sweet. I am trying to only have a dessert once a week. Just joined mfp today, congrats to all you "big losers" here! Great inspirations.
  • fitboricua
    fitboricua Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sugar and chocolate...EVIL!!!!!

Keep up the good work. Little changes get you to bigger achievements.
  • waterfallaus
    Options
    Well I did so well when I was eating a lot of the flat belly diet foods a year ago. So back at that again and this time I am doing the dark chocolate if I feel the need to eat chocolate. I don't like dark...
    I have been watching Dr. Oz too and he suggests a lot of those foods and also has some really great tips and advice that I am trying to follow as my budget allows for it.
  • niccccci
    niccccci Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! Sugar really kicks my butt sometimes too. I've noticed if I can just somehow NOT eat it the cravings go away after a week. I'm looking for new friends on here too! If I can figure out how to add you I will. :)
  • waterfallaus
    Options
    Well sugar is a massive addiction. I am adding honey to oatmeal and also added it to my Chobani! YUM!!! I get honey from my parents as they have bees so yeah! I can't believe how much sugar is in sooooo many foods! looking at my daily totals it is like good grief you can not get away from it!