Healthy Margaritas! Yeah...it's possible!

Options
BEERRUNNER
BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
Its finally worm out here in Chicago! SO what did I do this weekend.............grill some chicken breasts(skinless) and make some awesome Margaritas!
I mean these were Legendary! Ok let me tell what the big brown man with the awesome tan did!

I threw in the blender...

Ice (1/2 of blender)
1 cup of Margaritaville margarita mix(u dont need much of this...you can even go 3/4 cup)
Tequila (Cuervo tradicional)
Juice from 2 freshly sqeezed limes
A peeled orange
A handful of Strawberries!

Rim the glasses with the juice of a lime wedge and coat it with "Tajin"(A Mexican seasoning for fresh fruit!)

and your ready to get your buzz on brown man style!!!!!!!

Replies

• Metorks
    Metorks Posts: 37
    Options
    That does sound good. Never would have thought of Tajin on a margarita glass. Love it on watermelon.
  • luvs2pugs
    luvs2pugs Posts: 52
    Options
    I have tried that Tajin during a Mexico vacation. It is SO good! I recently saw it in a Wal-mart supercenter - near the produce.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    How many does this serve? It doesn't sound very low cal or healthy to me. The mix is 200 cals (lots of sugar) and the Tequila is 69 cals per ounce -- you didn't specify an amount.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I have come to the realization that you are an alcoholic!!! Congrats on that. I prefer to stick to "healthy" Bloody Mary's.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I will be trying this out over the weekend thanks for sharing!
  • jqg81180
    jqg81180 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sounds good... I guess I'll have to try it! Thanks for sharing.
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    gotta save this post lol
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Even better is Skinny Girl margarita. It comes pre made in a bottle. 37 cal per serving!
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I prefer Skinnygirl Margeritas~only 110 per 5 oz.
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Yum! After this horribly awful craptastic Monday, I could go for a margarita!
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    skinny girl margaritas really!? Where do I find it and whose the maker?
  • butterflykisses9
    Options
    just fyi walmart caries a margarita mix....Im not sure what its called but its in their alcohol aisle....its 10 calories a serving!!!!! instead of the normal 170....it might be generic but LIGHT is plastered on the front....I have only seen this at walmart and its still super cheap...:]
  • jeaniedev
    jeaniedev Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Even better is Skinny Girl margarita. It comes pre made in a bottle. 37 cal per serving!

LOVE THE SKINNY GIRL MARGARITA!!!!
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    That does sound good. Never would have thought of Tajin on a margarita glass. Love it on watermelon.

Me either! But the Tajin is really good on the rim of the margarita glass!
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    The skinny girl Margarita recipe I use is:

1 oz tequila
    4 oz ginger ale
    crystal light raspberry lemonade powder to taste

Enjoy!
  • tdjones00
    tdjones00 Posts: 68
    Options

I agree. Skinny girl margaritas are the best!
  • tdjones00
    tdjones00 Posts: 68
    Options
    skinny girl margaritas really!? Where do I find it and whose the maker?

Costco may carry them. I bought one at Applebee's and it was only 100 calories. Bethanny Frankel from the Real Housewives of New York made them famous.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options

LOVE THE SKINNY GIRL MARGARITA!!!!

MY margaritas are FRESH! AND natural.....hence the fresh orange, lime and strawberries!!! PLUS you can put as much booze as you want! AND you can roll like the brown man rolls...hahahaha

Skinny girl margaritas....FUCHI!
  • debcarv
    debcarv Posts: 256 Member
    Options

Where do I find this Skinny Girl Margarita, Love Margaritas
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    People dont be lazy....make yours natural! not from a premix bottled chemically treated mix!