What was your NSV today/last week

Options
elphie754
elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
So I am curious about what everyone's NSV.

I'll share mine first- for me it was fitting into a smaller size of my uniform. Also, I was mindlessly eating in front of the TV, but stopped myself befor I did too much damage and completely wiped my deficit for the week.

Replies

• WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i picked up a handful of M'n'M's and then put them back down without eating a single one!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    My brother said I look like a POW

I bought a 2xl shirt. I haven't worn 2xl in years. Unless it was like a big fit 2xl and is a normal clothes size it 4xl.

Got an orange belt at kickboxing if that counts :smiley:
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    i picked up a handful of M'n'M's and then put them back down without eating a single one!

Wow!!!! That is some serious restraint.
    Merkavar wrote: »
    My brother said I look like a POW

I bought a 2xl shirt. I haven't worn 2xl in years. Unless it was like a big fit 2xl and is a normal clothes size it 4xl.

Got an orange belt at kickboxing if that counts :smiley:

It counts!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    What does NSV stand for? /noob
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Non- scale Victory. I archived my UK size 12's the other day and got out my size 8's- woot-woot!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Ah, thank you!

Yesterday, I got my first compliment about looking like I'd lost weight since I started with MFP 7 weeks ago.

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

I was wondering the same thing.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

Non scale victory. Basically an accomplishment that doesn't involve the weight on your scale :)

Mine is: I've been stuck at the same over head press weight for ages. I just haven't been able to advance. Today I hit a new pr!
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    This week, I upped the weight of my dumbbells for all exercises save a couple.

Decided I wanted a second portion of peanuts and after eating half of that, ended up returning half of it to the jar because I didn't want any more.

My two biggest NSVs to date though happened last month - I started running (never ran in my life before and thought at 220 lbs I might be too heavy for it, but I did it) and I saw to my shock and delight that I can now make my biceps bulge :smiley: *That* had never ever happened before, I had always assumed I hardly *had* any muscles under the fat. How wrong I've been.... Thank you MFP!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I slipped easily into a bind pose in yoga that I was unable to do when I last tried it a few weeks ago.
  • Kelll12123
    Kelll12123 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I completed a 13 mile run for the first time, and now I'm feeling on track to run a half marathon this summer!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I wasn't my NSV, but my husbands shorts fell off while were were jogging down a hill.. We walk together and I talked him in to running down and up a hill... It was freaking hilarious... but in great way...

I bought him some new shorts..
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I started water jogging, and love it.
  • knewme76
    knewme76 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This morning I slid in to a pair of paints I was never able to fit. Last summer I ordered a pair of pants online and they sent the wrong size, so I went to the actual store to exchange them and they only had a size smaller than what I was wearing. I took them anyways even though they wouldnt even button or zip. Well this morning I was looking for things to put on and I found them and said hey why not try. Went on smooth like butter!
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    (Glad someone else asked what NSV was cuz I didn't know either)

-A cottage neighbor saw me returning from my walk and said "ohmygod, didn't I see you way out at the conservation dam about half hour ago?"(4k away) It felt good to say 'yup, that was me' and to know 'I'm that girl....the one who exercises'

-I took a piece of celebratory cake that a co-worker offered......said I would take it home for later....stopped on the way home and fed it to 2 horses. It was carrot cake, they are my new best friends. (Yes I have permission to give the horses treats)

-I grocery shopped while ravenously hungry. Bad idea. But I managed to leave with only fish, vegetables, fruit, and spices.
  • TimothyFish
    Options
    For long sleeve shirts I have to wear 2XL or the sleeve will be too short, but for short sleeve shirts I've gone to XL. I pulled a shirt out of the closet that I hadn't worn for a while because it was uncomfortable and when I put it on, it fit. I didn't think anything about it until that evening. When I took it off and looked at the size, I discovered that it was a large instead of an extra large.
  • susanna97
    susanna97 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Someone left a delicious-looking cake in the kitchen at work. I was tempted for a few minutes, but after I got back to my desk I forgot all about it. A few weeks ago, I would have been thinking about it all afternoon.
  • TimothyFish
    Options
    (Glad someone else asked what NSV was cuz I didn't know either)

-A cottage neighbor saw me returning from my walk and said "ohmygod, didn't I see you way out at the conservation dam about half hour ago?"(4k away) It felt good to say 'yup, that was me' and to know 'I'm that girl....the one who exercises'

-I took a piece of celebratory cake that a co-worker offered......said I would take it home for later....stopped on the way home and fed it to 2 horses. It was carrot cake, they are my new best friends. (Yes I have permission to give the horses treats)

-I grocery shopped while ravenously hungry. Bad idea. But I managed to leave with only fish, vegetables, fruit, and spices.

Oh, say it ain't so! For carrot cake, I would be making room in my calorie allowance.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I just got asked to start teaching Aqua Zumba starting next week. Woo woo!
  • shangrilamama
    shangrilamama Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I had to get rid of all my large pajamas and move on to the mediums. I LOVE my pajamas so this was a big deal. :)