Bangladeshi Food

Options
Hi everyone

Some of our Bangladeshi cuisine may not come up, as it's slightly different from Indian food.

I've added Handesh today, a kind of a fried rice cake

Replies

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Our next door neighbors are Bangladeshi and the wife brings us food every so often. I have no idea what the dishes are called but they are FANTASTIC!!
  • eyeofnewt555
    eyeofnewt555 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • karimk80
    karimk80 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Willie difficult to work out the calories but being of Bangladeshi origin born in the UK I did some analysis of the calories in our food and I can be shockingly high in curries and fried snacks. If they give you fish curries then that's great provided they haven't fried the fish first. This is usually done to prevent the fish breaking in the sauce. Okra is great as well as some of the spinach. I would moderate any meat as we have all the meet juices in our curries as the gravy!!! This is why it tastes so great!!
  • taheenakhan
    taheenakhan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I can't seem to find the handesh on the app. I had some for breakfast and have no idea on the calories, just know it must be high because they tasted so good
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    Google turns up quite a few recipes for handesh. Try inputting one that looks similar to what you ate into the recipe builder.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Load your own recipes in the recipe builder when you make them, and you should be good. The generic entries aren't accurate because of variations on the same recipes.