belly bustin'

Options
Okay I know that you can not technically 'spot tone' your body. But I am pretty satisfied with my arms, thighs, calves, and behind. My belly however resembles a bowl full of jello (it jiggles when I wiggle lol). But seriously, anyone have any ideas? I am doing cardio several days a week to try to burn fat, but the belly fat needs to go. I live in FL and its bikini season!

Replies

• mustangurl
    mustangurl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    keep up with the cardio (maybe even amp it up a bit) and add some strength training. should help out. i am in the same boat you are, fairly happy with everything else except the lower belly. but it is slowly but surely going down ;)
  • dfunk06
    dfunk06 Posts: 56
    Options
    It sooo encouraging to hear that your lower belly is going down! :smile: Thats my main problem...thus creating the ever present 'mushrrom' in all my clothes :/
  • Mals1805
    Mals1805 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Lord, I am in the same boat. I am working out 5 times a week with 2 days to rest. I am working out on my bender ball, it seems to help target my tummy area. I have the jello belly too!! I am so ready to get rid of the jiggle!! LOL. Look into the bender ball workouts. I love them and I highly suggest them because they really help. Or even working out on the stability ball! Good luck girl and congrats so far!

Hope this is helpful!:happy:
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    It's spot reducing that is not possible. You can definitely tone different areas with different exercises. I would do sit ups, crunches, and leg lifts to build your abs. They will start peeking through after a while. If you still have a layer of fat in the tummy region then increasing your cardio and watching your intake will help to eliminate that.
  • sas19
    sas19 Posts: 3
    Options
    http://www.zest.co.uk/at-home/6-fast-exercises-for-a-flat-stomach/546.html

This link has lots of info on flat stomach exercises. I believe that cutting down on sugar reduces belly fat. Pilates and Yoga is good too.
  • dennisdavis1956
    Options
    This may sound a little crazy. but I heard on the news this morning to drink 1 -2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water before every meal and it will help you get rid of belly fat. It also cleans your colon, and liver. I googled it and found some very interesting articles that support this. I am going to give it a try. One site said if you cant take the taste to add a little honey.
  • jessicaj_824
    jessicaj_824 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    IMO Pilates is the BEST thing for your core.
  • dfunk06
    dfunk06 Posts: 56
    Options
    Thanks everyone! The support we give each other is why I love this site :flowerforyou:
  • sliceofsarah
    sliceofsarah Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I think the best thing is going to be lowering your overall body fat % (which should be happening anyways as long as you are staying in your net calorie range) and then strength train to strength your abdominal core so it holds itself tight as best as possible. This is what I am trying to do at least. :) You could try 8 Minute Abs or 6 Week 6 Pack if you are into DVDs. I've tried 8 Minute Abs before and with consistent use I saw my stomach tone up.