Looking to meet new people :D

Options
Hippie2123
Hippie2123 Posts: 18 Member
I'm still new to this app, and I don't have a lot of friends trying to lose weight. It is hard.. really hard to stay positive, workout, and eat right when everyone around me is eating whatever they want to eat. I need a friend that is going through the pain that I'm going through with my weight loss journey. Feel free to add and message me positive motivational things, because I really need it lol.

Replies

• LegendOfBlake
    LegendOfBlake Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It's really awful when all of your friends want to go and eat fast food and you're tagging along. It makes it incredibly hard to resist joining them in eating it. I admit I've gone over calories for this reason a couple times so I feel you there.
  • miarose24
    miarose24 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am in the same boat! Looking for motivational and weight loss support:)
  • Hippie2123
    Options
    It really does suck lmao !! Its nice to know I'm not completely alone on that one lol. Lets support each other ! :smiley:
  • miarose24
    Options
    My issue is after a night out drinking etc and I am craving fast food!
  • Jenkorp72
    Jenkorp72 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi! It's willpower that is the hardest thing about eating in a healthy manner. Sometimes saying no sets you up for failure. Prioritize your calories. Especially if you know you'll be eating out with friends. And workout longer before you go with them to keep your muscles burning calories aafter you've completed the workout!
  • chopzilla_1
    chopzilla_1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am in the exact same boat. My friends are all athletic types. I used to be the same but some stuff happened (no excuses) and I gained a bunch of weight. Anyone feel free to add me. I am at the beginning of my journey but very determined too see it through. Some like minded individuals may just be the push I need
  • Hippie2123
    Options
    OMG! Yes and drinking alcohol has a ton of calories by itself. Now I have to plan out what I wanna eat and make sure I eat at least 1,000 calories a day. To make things worse I have to drink nothing, but water and green tea with no sugar :neutral:
  • LegendOfBlake
    Options
    I've been drinking black tea with success. It replaces pop for me nicely and isn't as strong as coffee. Stopping soda cut probably a 1/4 of my calories off, it was ridiculous.

I've actually stopped drinking mixed drinks and beer almost completely, the only way I drink now is by shooting straight vodka but even then it's around 90 calories a shot which is rather ridiculous by itself. It's hard to drink when you're counting calories!
  • miarose24
    edited May 2015
    Options
    i have no idea how many calories are in the booze I'm drinking... No wonder I'm not losing weight :neutral: I need to cut back on that first and foremost and that will help the late night munchies....I am starting to drink green tea and I will try out black tea, WATER WATER WATER
  • xquisiteluv
    xquisiteluv Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    SW 250
    CW 212
    GW 150
    want to lose about 50 60lbs myself looking for motivation and friends feel free to add me my name is Luekisha I'm from NJ btw...With the support and encouragement from others we all can do this!! Stay blessed everyone! :)
  • Hippie2123
    Options
    I've been drinking black tea with success. It replaces pop for me nicely and isn't as strong as coffee. Stopping soda cut probably a 1/4 of my calories off, it was ridiculous.

I've actually stopped drinking mixed drinks and beer almost completely, the only way I drink now is by shooting straight vodka but even then it's around 90 calories a shot which is rather ridiculous by itself. It's hard to drink when you're counting calories!

I drunk black tea once and it was so nasty lmao :D what kind of black tea do you drink?
  • nightingale579
    nightingale579 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This has been so good for me and such an eye opener as food I would think are ok, have actually turned out to be less healthy. I have got used to planning my meals and I can tweak it here and there. I am even getting to where it doesn't bother me about my family having foods I can't. I am quite early on on my journey so new friends would be great. I am in England..
  • LegendOfBlake
    Options
    I drink Bigelow cinnamon stick tea. I don't brew it forever so it doesn't taste like drain water. I think it's rather great and I'm not a huge tea drinker!
  • 4thebikinijess
    4thebikinijess Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. A lot of my friends eat bad foods and never workout. It can be hard to stay motivated. Feel free to add me y'all. We can do this.
    Good luck to everyone