Will I ever lose my stomach fat?

Options
So I have lost weight before when I was 18 and I never quite got to my goal which was silly of me. I have always been the fat girl of my friends and I feel its my time to change. I am now 23 years old and I started my weight loss new years day this year. I was 14 Stone 3 Pounds and I am now 12 Stone 3 pounds so I have lost 2 stone in 3 months. My aim is to get to 10 Stone. I feel very positive and am doing so well everyone around me is shocked. I've gone from a UK size 16/18 to a 12 and I aim to be an 8/10 by Christmas this year.
I eat very healthy and I exercise a lot. I do weight training and cardio in the gym at least 4 days a week and I avoid eating bread/rice/wraps/pasta etc.
My stomach is the biggest problem as I was it to be toned and flat! Is this the last place to lose weight? or do I need to do something else? I feel I am doing the right things. Am I just being impatient?
Any advice?
Add me to :-)

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    wait till your 40,,,, YES, you will lose it.It all takes time.
  • jibeirish
    jibeirish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Well done your doing great :) you could try barbell complexes there great for torching fat :)
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    KellyLouiseGibson Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    haha, I have always had this tummy. I just thinks its time for it to bugger off now lol x
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You probably don't need to avoid bread/wraps/pasta/rice completely, although if it makes it easier for you to stick to your goal it might be worth it to only have those things occasionally.

Fat distribution is mostly up to genetics. Mine goes straight to thighs. You're about halfway to your goal weight so I don't think it's time to worry yet. You've lost a lot relatively quickly (9 lbs per month is just over the amount recommended for safe weight loss) so be prepared for things to start slowing down as you approach your goal. Patience isn't just a virtue with weight loss, it's a necessity.
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    Options
    WOW what an inspiration, well done you :-)
    Yes I feel maybe it will just be the last place to go on me I just want to fit in a tight dress like all my friends. I have always wore baggy clothes to hide my fat!
    If you can do it I can do it hey :-) you look amazing x
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Also, here's a helpful stickied thread for you to read:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    Options
    I think I just need to be patient I cant work any harder than I am, I need to just stop thinking it should be happening straight away and be patient :-) x
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I think I just need to be patient I cant work any harder than I am, I need to just stop thinking it should be happening straight away and be patient :-) x

That is a very important thing to realize. :flowerforyou:
  • mellb34
    mellb34 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    All my fat is in my belly, I'm down a stone to 11 stone 13 and my belly is still here, I remember having less when I was 10 stone but it was still there then, I think it just takes a lot of work! But well done on your progress so far! :D
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    Options
    Yeh I mean if I get down to 10 stone and I still am not happy I reckon the lowest ill go is to 9 and a half as I dont want to be to thin I like some curves in the right places :-)
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    Options
    htbbmh4bdchp.jpg
    MAYBE I WILL LOSE MY STOMACH FAT AFTER ALL! 1 and a half stone left to burn!
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Look at it vanishing away! :)

I also store my fat around my belly but it does eventually go. I am 40 and I am looking forward to posting cool before and after pics later in the year - giant humpty dumpty belly to no belly. I am a 3rd of the way to my goal and I can already see it will come off. I will have skinny chicken legs at that point, but so be it, I can work on those with exercise.
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    Options
    I am getting there. I cannot wait to get to my goal now :-) All the pain and hard work and no pizzas is working hehe x
  • WeoooBeans
    WeoooBeans Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Look good! Way to go!!!
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    Options
  • penelopepittstopsmam
    penelopepittstopsmam Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have a stomach to end all stomachs, and it's nothing to be proud of.

I have lost 48lbs so far and its gone from places that i didn't even think were particularly fat before it started leaving my stomach. Ive only gone down two sizes and no one who doesn't know im losing weight has mentioned it to me. I think this is all because my waist is so out of proportion with the rest of me.

I have a rather nasty overhang which i expected would get worse but so far it hasnt. Its not gone away either but if it empties out it'll be flatter which would be helpful.

In summary, i agree with you. Keep going and hope ☺
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    Options
    Yeh my stomach still has a wee crease in it where it used to hang. But it is slowly disappearing. I just think I need to keep working on it. I do a lot of interval training at the moment. I am in the middle of a squat challenge (With is so hard) & I do leg raises, crunches, planks etc everyday :-)
  • PowerKickChic
    PowerKickChic Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You cant control where you lose fat but you can control what you tone up. It sucks but it is what it is.
  • matt88uk
    matt88uk Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Wether you avoid pasta wraps so on its don't matter calories matter keep track and weigh your food only way to lose fat is calorie deficit which you seem to be doing you may have to reach the 11 stone mark or lower to have that lean stomach just keep at you will be there soon enough :)
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    Options
    Yeh I plan on losing at least another stone and a half which will take me from 11 stone 2 pounds to 9 stone 7 pounds. I think avoiding carbs is making me not bloat as well so it helps me :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!