Any other Body Pumpers? :-)

Options
graysmom2005
graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
Hey guys! I am a sedentary/overweight turned instructor. I got certified in Body Pump this November. I took it before I taught it. I love it, and it's the only way I got weight training in my routine. Machines confused me. Anyone else take this class? Enjoy it? Seen results from it?

Replies

• ddixonuk
    ddixonuk Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I went for the first time tonight!!!! enjoyed it very much, probably wont be able to lift my arms tomorrow!!!!
  • Flossycat100
    Flossycat100 Posts: 103
    Options
    I love Body Pump! Keeps me motivated, makes me sweat but I always feel great afterwards. Well done on qualifying!
  • poutyp11
    poutyp11 Posts: 10
    Options
    I love body pump! I take it about three times a week in addition to bikram yoga, Zumba, and Step. I have been thinking of getting certified myself but heard it's a long process! I have seen great results with body pump!
  • GoneWithTheWhinge
    GoneWithTheWhinge Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I do this 2-3 times a week. usually followed by either a run or a Body Attack class.

Will be in there this morning. Love this class, although every so often my enthusiasm wanes, usually just before the new release is out. Thankfully the instructors at my gym mix up some of the older tracks in the last month to change it from current release.

For me, it was true what they say, about BodyPump changing the shape of your body. My arms and shoulders are looking so much more defined. I find working out with free weights or machines so difficult to get motivated and enthused on so BP gives me the weight training that I's otherwise just not do.

Well done on your certification.
  • Yemaya1129
    Yemaya1129 Posts: 75
    Options
    I miss Body Pump sooooo much. It was my favorite class at the gym, but the gym got too expensive. Grumble grumble. (But it's also why I knew that even though I'm overweight, I could handle P90X.)
  • graysmom2005
    Options
    Bodypump certification was my FAVORITE! It's hard and long but Les Mills is an amazing company. It's 3 days long and is 9 hours a day. You get your first release package of a dvd/cd/choreography book. You do the release over and over....do lots of team building....learn a track to teach the next day. It's a tight knit group, and we were all buddies by the end of day three. We had tons of fun. I'd really recommend it! 78 is in the mail from New Zealand as we speak. I can't wait to get it and see what the new moves/music are!!
  • graysmom2005
    Options
    The hardest thing to grip is the muscle gain. I was down to about 146. Super weight for me at 5'6. Since I started doing Pump I've gone up to 150-153. Clothes still fit, but I'm more muscular. It's hard to see the number change though!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I LOVE BODY PUMP!!!!:heart:
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I love Body Pump. Love it when I can up my weights too.