100 calories or less snacks

Options
I only have 1200 calories a day, and it's so easy to go go over. Sometimes I need a little bite but I need to stock up on snacks that wont break my calorie bank.
Here's what I have so far:

2pack oreos (the seemed geared for kids' lunches)
breakstones's cottage cheese with pineapple (the cups)

Anything else you rely on?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    String cheese, hard boiled eggs, carrots & hummus, beef jerky or turkey jerky, popcorn, jello pudding cups, fudge pops
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    an orange or a small apple (if you choose apple, I mean REALLY small apple, if you don't have access to a scale)

1 cookie (find a kind that doesn't trigger cravings and is fairly substantial for a cookie -- like Leclerc Celebration Dark Chocolate 70% cocoa)

Iogo Moment yoghurt cups are 140, but thick, creamy, and surprisingly filling. (Really. And I know, they're tiny, but they work well for me.) There may be other yoghurt cups that would work well for you if this isn't available or 140 is too much.

hot cocoa. You can even mix your own with cocoa powder and adding your own sugar / agave / whatever, which can help bring the calorie count down a bit. Should be <100 or around 100 (or a bit over) if packaged.

veggies and salsa or labneh (mine is 90 cals for 1/4 cup, so you could make it work). (bell peppers, zucchini, whatever you like raw)

there are probably brands of crackers where a serving is around 100. 7 crackers from Sensible Portions Pita Bites Sea Salt are <100. (1 serving is 9 crackers, but comes in over)

8-9 kalamata olives

if you shop around, you may be able to find bread where 1 slice is low enough calories to fit on something carefully portioned (like peanut butter or whatever you like)

-- Do remember though that you can eat back exercise calories with MFP, because it is designed to have you account for them after the fact (whereas other programs/methods account for it up front). So that would help with the 1200 budget also.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    If you just want sweets and aren't starving I love sugar free jello with some redi-whip. Or a "diet" hot chocolate from swiss miss-25 calories. Again top with a dollop of redi-whip. Carrot/celery/squash/cucumber with fat free ranch. Greek yogurt cups are often under 100 calories. Berries. Low fat string cheese and a small Apple. 1/2 cup non fat frozen yogurt and a diet root beer.

I don't usually survive off sugar free etc, but when my calories are very low it's the only way I don't go crazy and binge. It does the trick.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    100 calorie almond packs!! I also love those breakstone cottage cheese 90 calorie containers. Dannon makes a 80 calorie greek yogurt. It's big and really filling. A banana works, too.
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I get the 100 cal Klondike ice cream bars.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    If you're just looking for something to munch on and aren't necessarily hungry, air-popped popcorn is only slightly more than 100 cals for 4 cups (and I'm sure that can be easily portioned down to fit inside the 100-cal mark). I've recommended it in three threads now, but it's my go-to when I have the desire to snack and want something that'll last a while.
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My favorite go-to snack is cucumbers with lemon juice and salt. You can eat a LOT of cucumbers for so little calories. And they're crunchy and salty. Very satisfying.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Cheese sticks (90 calories)
    Dannon Greek Light & Fit yogurt (80 calories)
    Fiber One Brownie bars (90 calories)
    Kellogg's Special K Brownies (80 calories)
    Fruit
    Any ice cream (120-270 calories per serving)
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

Those are dangerous! I had one and thought they were awesome, but they were so little. Thought "Oh, it's only 80 cals. I can have another one."

The box was gone in five minutes. Luckily there are only 6 in a box, so I could adjust the rest of my calorie intake, but I did have a pleasant little sugar buzz going there. Never buying them again. XS

• errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Creamsicles are 70 calories and awesome!
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Low cal crackers (the ones I have are 20 cals each), 1 light laughing cow cheese triangle on each and cucumber and pepper. Super yummy and less than 100 cals for 2 of the crackers! :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    an apple, or a banana are pretty low on calories, but very nutrient dense. pears and oranges too.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Healthy cookie recipe!
    ****3 ripe bananas, mashed
    ****1/4 cup almond milk
    ****1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
    ****1 tsp cinnamon or apple pie spice
    ****2 cups rolled oats
    ****1 tsp vanilla extract
    ****Dash of salt
    ****(optional) 1/2 cup of raisins

[Stir together, put in refrigerator for 1/2 hour so oats can absorb. Roll in to 1-1.5 inch balls, place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.]

No refined sugars, no added oils. You can add protein powder to make it more protein-ful. My batch made 15 cookies at 60 calories per cookie
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    My go to list is string cheese light-50 cals

Lunchbox size raisins-90 cals

Some grapes or blueberries- varys on how much you use

If you can find some small apples that fit into like kid size hand(mine happen to be the size of a ten yr olds so it works) can come in under 100. I can only find them at Kroger.

Some pepperoni but, that is high sodium if you watch that.

Pudding packs from 90 to 60 cals depending on the flavor and such.

Many more if you measure out the right portion.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    18 grams of pistachios are 100 calories. I buy those little plastic snack cups and measure them out. Dole mandarin oranges packed in water (the individual portion sizes) are about 40 calories a container and Dannon Greek yogurt is 80 calories.
  • carolinebond0206
    carolinebond0206 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    dried edamame. there are 100 calorie packs I got at Big Lots. Actually, Big Lots has lots of snacks, surprisingly.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

Those are dangerous! I had one and thought they were awesome, but they were so little. Thought "Oh, it's only 80 cals. I can have another one."

The box was gone in five minutes. Luckily there are only 6 in a box, so I could adjust the rest of my calorie intake, but I did have a pleasant little sugar buzz going there. Never buying them again. XS

Haha yeah, they're good, but so small! That's why I like the Fiber One Brownies. They're a bit bigger. But they taste less brownie than the Special K ones.
  • Jesslan_Rose
    Jesslan_Rose Posts: 137 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I was set at 1200 calories too, but mentally it was to restrictive. I bumped it up 100 calories and what a difference it made for me. Most days I don't need the extra 100, but just knowing it was there for days I need it (especially for during PMS) it helps me cope better.

My favorite 100 or less calorie snacks are...
    Fiber One 90 Calorie Bars
    Sugar Snap Peas
    Blueberries
    Baby Carrots
    Celery
    Breakstone Cottage (Cheese) Doubles (In Strawberry, Blueberry, Raspberry or Pineapple Flavors.)
    Calbee Snapea's (In Wasabi, Black Pepper or Lightly Salted Flavors)
    Can of Starkist Tuna
    Can of Bumblebee Tuna

If you don't mind going a little higher..
    Yoplait Fruplait Strawberry is 110 Calories and very filling.
  • 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Some of the granola bars are 90 cals
  • alliesgettinghealthy
    alliesgettinghealthy Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    -Chobani simply 100 greek yogurt, 12 grams protein 5 grams fiber
    -100 calorie microwave popcorn bags
    -fruit
    -vegetables
    -Quaker popped mini rice cakes, the caramel are 110 calories
    -deli meats (you could get 4 ounces of turkey breast or lean ham for 100 calories)