Triggers

Options
The longer I diet the more I am learning about my triggers.....

Stressful day at work...... I wanted to eat my desk!!!! I didn't... I stayed 100% away from the break room.... made a co-worker move her candy dish.... and ate carrot sticks.

Tough day but I am off work now.... and now I am fighting the urge to drink an adult beverage..... Friday and it is 5 pm somewhere... so I called my sis and we are going antique shopping.... NO BAR STOPS.

I am going to get through this day on track!!!!!

Replies

• meghanduprey
    meghanduprey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    one of my FAVORITE foods is pizza, and it takes very little prodding to get me to fall off the ledge. a good looking pizza commercial is like p-o-r-n. i also love ice cream (specifically the coldstone variety) but i can take or leave it driving by and with commercials. but yah, pizza has many many triggers for me!
    oh and cookies- specifically chocolate chip- homemade, just seeing them in any context or hearing about them will be enough to send me to the store. those two things are all or nothing foods for me
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    a good looking pizza commercial is like p-o-r-n.

Oh god, it doesn't even have to be a good commercial and of food I would even eat. I'm a sucker for advertisement. Also the more tired I am the worse. It is like I think I will get a jolt of energy from the food I eat (maybe with sugar for a short spurt but that's a dangerous zone). I find myself going to bed super early to ward off those hungry moments.

If veggies won't satisfy me at that point, I'm not truly hungry.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Sometimes not having cable is a blessing! :)
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I had to change my interests on Pinterest and un-follow on Facebook from the constant food p-o-r-n. I don't have cable but I use Hulu and mix that with being tired from a tough day at work? Ad-blockers can only work so much magic.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Sometimes not having cable is a blessing! :)

Yeah, but then you sign on MFP and make the mistake of clicking on the wrong thread - which has pictures of amazing meals and snacks people have eaten.

One yesterday featured a cinnamon roll. -_- And there were donuts within my reach. It almost broke me.
  • SearsBD62052
    SearsBD62052 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    one of my FAVORITE foods is pizza, and it takes very little prodding to get me to fall off the ledge ..... a good looking pizza commercial is like p-o-r-n

I had to laugh because I am that way with Chinese Hot Braised Chicken, Fried Rice, Crab Rangoon and Egg Rolls! Generals Chicken will also knock me off my feet!!!!

When a PF Changs commercial comes on I drool. I am thankful that I have to drive 30 minutes to get GOOD Chinese Food and there is not a PF Changs close by anywhere!

• SearsBD62052
    SearsBD62052 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have also STOPPED watching the Food Networks because of the food and the cravings and the recipes!!!!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I think my only trigger is if I wait too long to eat and of course the horrible munchies monster that comes out right before my TOM. So far I have managed to keep them at bay for 2 months by simply enjoying all of my favorite foods in moderation, every day, and making sure I eat before I feel hungry.
  • Jaxxie1181
    Jaxxie1181 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Boredom is my biggest trigger. That's when I would do most of my late night mindless binge eating. My other trigger is mindless nibbling in the kitchen, so I'm trying to avoid that.