Friday Motivation - age 45 before and age 54 after

Options
Roberta-BnA-age-45-age-54-It-didnt-happen-overnight_zpsiarjus9k.jpg

It is always kind of fun to put a recent after picture next to a before picture. It makes me wish I had more before pictures.

Don't beat yourself up with before pictures. Just put them aside and do what you gotta do.

Everything in our past serves a purpose.

It did not happen overnight.

It did not happen without lots of mistakes and experiments.

It's almost an art.

It's so simple (exercise and amount of food), yet it is so complex regarding the energy balance for each of us individually.

We are all unique special snowflakes yet we are also not.

We are not in that it's the extra food that makes us gain weight. End of story. If that were not the case we would have the cure for starvation in our magically little body.

This is why never giving up is crucial.

This is why what works for another person may not work for you.

What makes it even more complicated is that it ebbs and flows with each day, each week, each season.

What worked yesterday may not work today.

What works when you have significant body fat doesn't work when you get super lean.

And then you have the various seasons of life.

Contrary to belief that a female in mid life is doomed to being overweight, it has actually been the best time for me to gain muscle and stay leaner. The less estrogen actually helps. The fluctuating estrogen is a PITA for me regarding stress and sleep, but it's an ordeal I must face.

There is always something NOT FAIR. We just have to roll with it.

The habits of eating healthy and exercise on a regular basis have served me well. Even if I did much of it wrong most of my life!

Just keep going. Don't be afraid to try something new, especially something that you right now say "I can't". Of course you can't, 'cuz you said you can't.

This is how we do it!!

BOOM!

Never give up
Never settle
Live your dream

Roberta

Replies

• HopHead28
    HopHead28 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    incredible.
  • karensuegill
    karensuegill Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Great pics! Awesome thoughts!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!!! <3<3B)
  • Brelynn
    Brelynn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Well done! Thanks for sharing your pictures and comments!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Excellent transformation and excellent advice............at 65 I can tell all of you that it's never too late!
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    WoW!
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Gives me hope.....but honestly, I'd be happy to look like your before pic!!!
  • grandmamere
    grandmamere Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    well done!
  • Funship
    Funship Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Well said, congrats on your Journey!!
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Wow...so inspiring!

Love it.."don't be afraid to try something new"...words to live by.
  • missallenxox
    missallenxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    wow.. these pictures are amazon <3 so inspiring
  • lorislosingit
    lorislosingit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is beautiful and powerful and AMAZING! Thank you. Thank you so much!
  • retziegal
    retziegal Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your journey to health, Roberta. You look incredible! Thanks for putting your story out there for others, in particular the middle-aged women who struggle to stay on track when results are a still long road ahead.
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Incredible woman. Very inspiring.

Edited just to add - I read your story at the beginning of my journey - everyone told me I couldn't, but your story always stayed with me, so I knew that I could - thank you.
  • buffveganme
    buffveganme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Love your insights...SO SO true!
  • Birder155
    Birder155 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Right on, Roberta!
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Needed that today :)
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Totally awsome!! Thanks for the inspiration!!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    dufus12 wrote: »
    Gives me hope.....but honestly, I'd be happy to look like your before pic!!!

That wasn't my highest weight but I liked that the colors matched. But also, we constantly change the bar. I can remember saying "I'd be happy to get to such and such", then you get there and you change the bar, or change your goals. We all have to have something to move towards constantly. But the happiness needs to start NOW, wherever you are at, because strangely reaching the goal isn't the sole source of happines - some of it is actually in the journey - so embrace that and the happiness you now have and it will stay with you. <3

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!