How to get through a long weekend at home

Options
Just started this program, and during the week i have no problems keeping to it "exercise and food," but this long weekend i am really having hard time keeping with the program. Anyone have any ideas on how to get through the weekend stuck inside when it's raining. Besides getting rid of all food in the house :)

Replies

• mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Do you have any other hobbies besides sitting in front of the tv and eating, or just eating? I'm not trying to be rude, but just asking. Because you should do these hobbies on the weekend. You should also go to the gym on the weekend. Here are some things I do:

Go for a hike in the park
    Wash my car
    Go to art class
    Cook lots of food and divide in portions for the whole week
    Make jewelry (my hobby)
    Read
    Yoga Class
    Go out to eat with a friend - to a healthy restaurant. I like Vietnamese food because its low calories and healthy.

Keeping snack foods out of your house helps a lot.
  • jjeenn66
    jjeenn66 Posts: 1
    Options
    Don't stop tracking!! I sometimes need a weekend "break" where I eat a "maintenance mode" level of calories - losing isn't the goal but maintaining is... I found there's a big difference in eating a maintenance mode diet and a losing-weight diet. Then after the "break" it's back on plan...
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    When you get some great ideas, please let me know. :huh: The only way I get through most weekends is by "banking" some extra calories throughout the week, then have some treats on the weekend BUT with EXTREME moderation. Then there's always exercise to buy back some of the splurge calories. :ohwell: This isn't the best way I know, hence the request for you to forward the better ideas you receive. :happy:
  • Divatime
    Divatime Posts: 33
    Options
    This is a great question! The weekend comes and I feel like I just we backwards! Thanks for asking! Getting out of the house will probably help me...plus that hobby thing sounds like a good idea...hmmm
  • emoslayer84
    emoslayer84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    1.) Post a "before" picture on your pantry/cabinet and refridgerator.

2.) Get into the groove during this week to prepack your meals and freeze them.

3.) Obtain even a cheap excercise video and do it twice a day over the weekend.

4.) If there is any point during the weekend it is NOT raining even for 20-30 minutes, LEAVE and walk/jog/run.

5.) Feeling like splurging or being inactive, pick the evil overstuffed closet or garage or room or attic to finally clean it out as some exercise.

6.) Call your cable company and request her service to be basic only.

7.) If you have stairs, go up and down continuously for 20-30 minutes (even slowly burns calories).

8.) If you are close to a mall, walmart, kmart, etc. Go there and walk around for an hour, don't go in any shops, just walk continously for an hour.

9.) If you live in an apartment community or housing subdivision, see about getting access to the community fitness room and walk down (don't drive) and work out with various excercises for 45 minutes to an hour.

10.) What's your laziest activity? Vow not to do it all weekend long.

I hope these help. :)
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Its your average calories over the week that matter. If you can keep back some daily calories without going below 1200 cals then you can use them at the weekend. You need a weekly deficit of 3500 cals to burn 1lb of fat.

The other option is to zig-zag your calories; using the big calorie day on a Saturday.
    Check out http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm. I have been doing this for a couple of weeks and it seems to be working
  • nosnikam
    nosnikam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We try to go swimming on Sundays and a family 'Wii Fit' night on a Saturday. Gets everyone involved and doesnt involve DVDs and popcorn!!!. We do snack a little but we have maltesers (1 serving only) and Quavers at 88 Kcals per bag. dont forget you need extra carbs on the days you work out.

We also love Just Dance and recently invested in EA Sports Active 2 - all these are good fun and dont cost the earth.

Good luck xxxxx
  • whitpsyd
    whitpsyd Posts: 13
    Options
    When you're tempted to eat something "just because" drink a glass of water first, then weight about 5 minutes. If you're still hungry, you'll probably eat less because of the water. It will keep you hydrated, and burning calories every time you have to go to the bathroom ;)