Happy Boxing Day!

Options
jamerz3294
jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
Boxing Day is a public holiday in the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Hong Kong and countries in the Commonwealth of Nations with a mainly Christian population. In South Africa, this public holiday is now known as the Day of Goodwill. It is based on the tradition of giving gifts to the less fortunate members of society.

Happy Boxing Day to all!

Replies

• jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Boxing Day is a public holiday in the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Hong Kong and countries in the Commonwealth of Nations with a mainly Christian population. In South Africa, this public holiday is now known as the Day of Goodwill. It is based on the tradition of giving gifts to the less fortunate members of society.

Happy Boxing Day to all!
  • JeremyInvincible
    JeremyInvincible Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Ahh, Boxing Day, the best of the obscure (to us Americans at least) British holidays which celebrated the 'haves' giving unto the 'have nots'. As a 'have not' I sincerely appreciate the well wish. Happy Boxing day indeed!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Any Haves that need a have not to send stuff too:

Jeannie

MFP street

Anytown, USA
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I always just assumed Boxing Day was when you box up all your Christmas stuff to put them away. :laugh: I guess you learn something new every day. confused005.gif
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    LOL Lori. Nope. Boxing day is b/c you are supposed to "box" stuff up to give away (or so I've been told). My dad told me when I was little that it was was when all the naughty kids that didn't get any gifts on Christmas got boxed up & sent back to the baby factory. :huh: I'm surprised I'm as "normal" as I am.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    LOL Lori. Nope. Boxing day is b/c you are supposed to "box" stuff up to give away (or so I've been told). My dad told me when I was little that it was was when all the naughty kids that didn't get any gifts on Christmas got boxed up & sent back to the baby factory. :huh: I'm surprised I'm as "normal" as I am.

Uh.....NORmal, Sara???:huh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Hey, I put it in quotes. LOL :laugh:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

I'm glad she said it first! :laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Ahh, Boxing Day, the best of the obscure (to us Americans at least) British holidays which celebrated the 'haves' giving unto the 'have nots'. As a 'have not' I sincerely appreciate the well wish. Happy Boxing day indeed!
    :laugh:
    Hey Jeremy and Manda:drinker: :wink:
    Ahh I thought it was a English thing..... My Mum used to celebrate it...but makes sense there are other British colonies....just never knew it was celebrated in other places until Jamerz post....Thanks for the educating Jamerz:bigsmile:

FC:heart:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

I'm glad she said it first! :laugh:

Good to know I'm loved. LOL :flowerforyou: