Recommended for out of shape people exercise DVD's

Options
I've always hated exercise so I'm not in very good shape I can't even jog for more than a minute without feeling nauseous! The only DVD's I own are Yoga Booty Ballet ones from Beach Body and Hip Hop Abs which are nice but I get bored of them!

I'm looking at Jillian's 30 day shred, Ripped in 30, Zumba, or P90x.

Which would you recommend me starting at? Or something else?

Replies

• maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Walk away the Pounds is a great series of DVDs to start with.
    I did JM's 30 Day Shred and loved it, but it seriously kicked my butt when I started it. Serously.
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I loved the shred - it's hard. HARD. But its also amazing!! I also loved Zumba - it's quite the workout and fun at the same time. I agree with the previous poster bout walking away the pounds dvd's though too! Leslie Sansone is very motivating and it's a workout you can do in small spaces.

Explore! Do a search on youtube and do a few sessions to see what will fit you - have fun!
  • eyeballer
    eyeballer Posts: 50
    Options
    agreed! Anything by Leslie Sansone is great for beginners.
  • DebraBuschman
    DebraBuschman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would recommend P90X for someone who has already started exercising and has gotten to a point where she feels comfortable working out and even likes it. Although beginners can do it, because you do only what you can, not what the guy on the tube does, I think a person could get discouraged seeing some ripped and super hyper-energetic-freak-gym rat do 50 pull ups, when you can't even do one yet. It's a mind thing. After you're into working out, P90x is awesome. I did it and it REALLY kicked my butt. But it was awesome and really does what it claims, if you can stick to it.