Observation: Apple Cider Vinegar

Options
I was asked to post anything I've noticed from taking Apple Cider Vinegar. I just started taking it 10 days ago and have lost 10lbs. I made a lot of changes in my diet then so I'm sure a lot of it is just flushing my water weight.

One change that may be from Apple Cider Vinegar is the color of my pee. I take Animal Pak (mens mulit-vitamin) every day and before I took ACV my pee was electric yellow for about 1/2 a day. Now it's mostly clear. Anyone else have the same experience? Do you think the acid in the ACV helps break down the vitamins and help it get absorbed?

Thanks

Replies

• coolkat17
    coolkat17 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i know nothing about this - perhaps you could tell me what you are taking and how much with what sort of diet you eat?
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    if uve increased your water ur pee should be clear; minus like the first and seocnd pee of the day... no idea about that vitamin or ACV, but i know generally vitamins make pee neon colors, but water in itself turns pee clear.
  • calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I know from experience the same with about the color of my pee with the apple cider vinager. Also I have heard and read it does help burn calories. When my sister was loosing weight which she lost 100lbs she used apple cider vinager also a lot, especially on her salad's.
  • TigerBlood72
    TigerBlood72 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i know nothing about this - perhaps you could tell me what you are taking and how much with what sort of diet you eat?

I take two table spoons a day. The real reason I'm doing it is to see if it helps my blood pressure.

I've always taken vitamins so that's nothing new. The big change has been really reducing my calorie and sodium intake. I've alway drank a lot of water and my pee was usually really yellow the first few visits. Now, it's not like that at all.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    how horrible is it to take two tablespoons of ACV a day?
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i love and use Bragg's apple cider vinegar mainly as a salt replacement... i average 1-2 tablespoons of it a day, often poured into soup or pasta sauces, drizzled over sauted veg etc as a condiment.
    i since have been told it is great for returning your digestive system's ph balance, as well as being a bit of a metabolism booster.

i drink at least 12 glasses of water a day and had noticed no colour difference in pee other than paler cause of the quantity of water. *S*
  • HungryTuna
    HungryTuna Posts: 141
    Options

Good question. HOW are you taking it? I've just used it in place of balsamic vinegar in salads, and in other recipes that call for vinegar. Do you just take a tbsp straight? Or mix it into something?
  • HungryTuna
    HungryTuna Posts: 141
    Options

Good question. HOW are you taking it? I've just used it in place of balsamic vinegar in salads, and in other recipes that call for vinegar. Do you just take a tbsp straight? Or mix it into something?

Nevermind! I saw your response. ;-)
  • paavy
    paavy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    becareful using it in the long term... long term apple cider vinegar use can create a potassium definciency--and if ur trying to lower blood pressure u need potassium to help lower it. Potassium helps decrease risk of stroke, helps your muscles function, blood pressure, and heart function, etc... I have mfp keep track of potassium, I try for the 3500mg a day that ur suppose to have, but most days I only get to 2000 or 2500, with a occasional day of over 3000 or even 3500.

With that being said, alot of food items still dont list potassium on its label, so im sure im consuming more than mfp says i do.
  • TigerBlood72
    Options

I mix it with water and basically dump it down my throat hoping it misses most of my tongue so I don't have to taste it, then I drink more to chase it down. I haven't tried it on any food but can't imagine it would take too good. ha.
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    bump
    maybe I will have to try this. thanks
  • TigerBlood72
    Options
    becareful using it in the long term... long term apple cider vinegar use can create a potassium definciency--and if ur trying to lower blood pressure u need potassium to help lower it. Potassium helps decrease risk of stroke, helps your muscles function, blood pressure, and heart function, etc... I have mfp keep track of potassium, I try for the 3500mg a day that ur suppose to have, but most days I only get to 2000 or 2500, with a occasional day of over 3000 or even 3500.

Good tip. I was told to cycle it one month on and one month off.
  • TigerBlood72
    Options
    how horrible is it to take two tablespoons of ACV a day?

ha ha... If you don't dilute it then it would be pretty nasty. Very strong flavor
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I take Apple Cider Vinegar every day for my seasonal allergies and it does the trick! I love the stuff, although, it tastes and smells MEGA- NASTY!
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My brother drinks the Bragg's brand ACV daily. He mixes 2 T of ACV, 1 part juice, and 2 parts water. I can't tolerate ACV unless it's in a salad, but he is very healthy and drinks it daily!
  • TigerBlood72
    Options
    I take Apple Cider Vinegar every day for my seasonal allergies and it does the trick! I love the stuff, although, it tastes and smells MEGA- NASTY!

Do you take raw honey too? I'm taking a teaspoon of that as well. I don't have bad allergies, just when I mow the lawn but they have definitely gotten better now that you mention it.
  • clala82
    clala82 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've been told that vinegar helps with sugar metabolism and/or regulating blood sugar. Someone once told me that it's long been used as a "poor man's diabetes treatment". 1-2 tbs per day with 8 oz water. I feel that vinegar aids my digestion.
  • TigerBlood72
    Options
    I would love to be friend with anyone who is interested in this or any other natural healthy food cures (or whatever you want to call it). My wife and one of my kids have a lot of allergies and other ailments and I'm trying to figure out some natural healthy way to help them and me. I guess you could call them super foods. I rather not pop pills for everything.

Thanks
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options

Do you take raw honey too? I'm taking a teaspoon of that as well. I don't have bad allergies, just when I mow the lawn but they have definitely gotten better now that you mention it.

Nope- no honey. But I used to mix it in, until I realized I didnt need it. I take 2 tablespoons of ACV mixed in a splash of cold water every morning. I drink it through a straw because it is acid and can damage your teeth.
    My allergies used to be HORRIBLE and now I really dont notice them. :o)