starving all day after a jog?

Options
So im a busy mom of 3 so the only way I can be consistant with working out is if i do it at night when everyone is sleeping. Its been working great and for 3 months now i exercise 6 days a week. I started the c25k 2 weeks ago and usually sqeeze it in the morning. However i notice on those days im hungry all day long and actually go over my calories even with the extra ones. Is this normal? I kind of feel like it defeats the point of working out if it makes me feel this way lol. Anyone else have this issue?

Replies

• veganminecraft
    veganminecraft Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    make sure you dont have a vitamin deficiency. Your body will trigger you to eat more to compensate for lack of nutrients.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    It's normal. Running makes me super hungry. I struggle with my calorie goals on those days as well
  • lolagranola1
    lolagranola1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I also do c25k. Immediately (within 15 minutes)after my run, i take in 20g of protein via post workout recovery drink. Then i eat more protein and potassium rich foods within an hour or 2 after the post workout drink i have. Yesterday, however, i got locked out of my house, missed my recovery drink and had to wait 2 hours for my husband to get home before i could eat. I was starving all day today. I think if i did the run early in the day i would likely be hungry all day too. Try the protein thing after the run, if that doesn't help, try changing to evening runs. Keep up the good work!! I know it's a challenge!
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies.
    Yes i actually eat a protein bar right after my jog/run... 15-20 grams always. Today it didnt cut it lol...
    I actually hit my protein goal pretty early today.
    I am loving the c25k so im going to have to figure something out....