Gonna need help here!!

btbtshaw
btbtshaw Posts: 3 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
HI everyone. I'm Tracy and I'm gonna try this to see if it will help me. Right now, I need all the support and motivation I can get!!! I have roughly 60-70 lbs to lose and struggle everytime I try. I'm looking forward to hearing from you guys! :smile:

Replies

• btbtshaw
    HI everyone. I'm Tracy and I'm gonna try this to see if it will help me. Right now, I need all the support and motivation I can get!!! I have roughly 60-70 lbs to lose and struggle everytime I try. I'm looking forward to hearing from you guys! :smile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Hi Tracy:flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP....great place to meet new folks, lots of motivation and inspiration..... tons of support...glad you've joined us:bigsmile:
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    you can do this! :smile:
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    You've come to the right place..I love this place and the ppl here are so supportive and can give u some much motivation..I love it..Welcome to MFP and good luck...
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Welcome and best of luck to you!!

You CAN do this! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

:flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Welcome...you can do it!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi Tracy, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • btbtshaw
    Hey Bren, thanks for the info. I would have to say that you have given me the best advice so far with having me log my foods BEFORE i decide what to eat! Went over in my calories by 63 yesterday without logging first. Will be on target today by logging the foods first! My dd has been doing that for a while now and I always wondered why she was so adament about doing it that way. Now I get it! I'm also seeing that many ppl are using a HRM. I have one around here someplace that I will dig up! I do have a treadmill here in my home as well as a full gym machine and free weights. I really have NO EXCUSES!! So dont let me give you guys any lip ok?!! =)

Have a great day!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hey Bren, thanks for the info. I would have to say that you have given me the best advice so far with having me log my foods BEFORE i decide what to eat! Went over in my calories by 63 yesterday without logging first. Will be on target today by logging the foods first! My dd has been doing that for a while now and I always wondered why she was so adament about doing it that way. Now I get it! I'm also seeing that many ppl are using a HRM. I have one around here someplace that I will dig up! I do have a treadmill here in my home as well as a full gym machine and free weights. I really have NO EXCUSES!! So dont let me give you guys any lip ok?!! =)

Have a great day!

You are very welcome! I REALLY think it's soooooooo much better to log first, (if possible!) so that you know what kind of numbers you have left to work with. Plus, some things that you just wouldn't expect to have tons of numbers might. So forwarned is forarmed! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.