Female and 55

Options
Hi. I'm a 55 year old female who has been battling my weight my whole adult life and now I'm also hypothyroid too which makes the struggle even harder. Looking for motivation from friends in a similar category. I'm basically a whole foods person who avoids processed foods and anything artificial. I have sleep apnea and hope that a significant weight loss will erradicate it. Feel free to add me if you are in a similar predicament.

Replies

• maggieeric1
    maggieeric1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm the same age as you! Welcome welcome! Been a battle my whole life too. Got to goal two 1/2 years ago then gained it all back over two years. Been adding cardio and weights in the last month to get more activity in my schedule. Hope you keep posting. I recently got a bf scan and I have 37 pounds to lose. Though I would honesly be OK with a loss of 27 if I could maintain some strength.
  • Hodie25
    Hodie25 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm almost the same age. Want to be a healthy weight. Together we can get there. Just keep moving girls, will keep you in
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    63 and here every day for mutual support
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Here is a great group you can join that is made up of people fifty years or older:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/104713-fifty-plus-or-so-support-group
  • triddle87
    triddle87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just turned 51 and had a brain seizure in late January. I've always been moderately active and I've just started back ..slowly! I want good health and weight loss would just be an added bonus. I also try to eat whole and unprocessed. Let's do this!