Losing a pound a week. Great or lame?

Hi everyone! So Ive been on a weightloss journey since February 2015 and Ive lost 35 lbs on MFP.

My goal weight is 100 pounds and I currently weight 113....

And since I am lighter now, instead of shedding the weight like I use to (2-3 pounds a week), the lbs just seem to cling on to for dear life.

So I increased my exercise at the gym and I am on my feet for a good 80% of the day. But the thing is, because i am more active I am hungry allll the time. So I increased my calorie intake but not so much that i dont have a deficit. I have a deficit at the end of the week, and I am now losing one pound a week.

Basically, aiming to lose 1.5-2 pounds a week just doesnt seem possible for me anymore and to be honest Im not that bothered by it...because its still progress right? Ill just reach my goal weight a bit slower. But Im still annoyed by this.

Anyways I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone of you guys. Did your weight loss slow down and did your hunger suddenly become ravenous?

Also, is losing 1 pound a week considered wimpy or lame? I feel really unmotivated for some reason. I mean dont get me wrong I would never "quit" the healthy, fitness life. I am beyond in love with it. But I feel kind of lame for losing the rest of the weight so slowly...

Thanx in advance! I hope to get some responces.

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    LOL...one pound per week is awesome!
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    1 pound is perfect for most people, especially if you don't have a lot to lose. TBH i'm used to people asking if it's reasonable to lose 30lbs in 1 month or something ridiculous.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Dang, I'd love to lose 1lb a week. I don't have much to lose though, so I have my calorie goal set to lose .5lb a week, and sometimes I don't even lose that. You will find it harder the closer you get to goal, the weight's not just going to fall off like it used to. And frankly, I don't care if it's slow because I'm learning better habits in the process!
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    The "general" rule of thumb is to aim for 1 pound a week for every 25 pounds you have to lose, so with just 13 pounds to go, you would set yours at 1/2 pound a week, not a pound. This means a deficit of only 250 calories a day, which is easy to muck up if you aren't weighing all your foods and logging accurately. But it also means eating more than you did when losing 1 or 1.5 pounds a week!

55835802.png
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    that's basically the max you'll want to try to lose
  • 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    Yes, for me 1 lbs a week is my goal so I am happy when I achieve it. I did not want to lose to fast because I heard it was unhealthy.
  • harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    One pound per week when you only have 13 to lose is pretty much rockstar status! You're doing great!
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Eeee Thank you all so so much! :)
    I was a bit saddened for my slowing progress but you guys are so encouraging!!