Victory

Options
dtwalker65
dtwalker65 Posts: 6 Member
I remember looking in the mirror over a year ago and saying, "self, you are fat, and borderline diabetes. Let's change that."

I thought it would only be a few months, like all those ads say. Boy was I wrong. Here I am 100 pounds later, with about 15 to go. The last 30 have been very hard. But I got the ball rolling again, and I'm almost there!

I lost my motivation a couple weeks ago, and are three jars of peanut butter. I thought, man I just got off the tracks, but I only gained a few pounds, and I found my old wrestling picture, which re-inspired me.
I never realized I have a success story. Not until I saw what I used to be. I can't tell you how happy I am to be the new me, a healthy 32 inch waist from a 42, running 13:20 2 mile in the Army. I used to be the pizza a week, soda machine.

Never lose faith. That's what I have learned. You won't always see your success, but others will. Listen to them, reward yourself. Don't change everything in your diet, just eat healthier. I still eat chocolate and pizza, I just don't eat an XL pizza by myself, or shove 10 candy bars down at a time. Find your soul food, and make it your reward. Vegetables do start to taste good, just give them a chance! Move often, and just don't give up! Trust me, you will be a beast when you get down to that goal weight! Track your calories, it freaking works! Get a fitness band, move. d1rg15ir0s3a.jpg
5g32fwvzkssu.jpg

Feel free to ask me questions, I love to help my fellow myfitness people,

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Wow! You've done an awesome job, I can't even see the "15 to go". You should be very proud! I have 9 lbs. to go, and I look forward to being a beast once I reach that. :D And I agree, counting calories really works! It's great. :)
  • ChiffonLaRue14
    ChiffonLaRue14 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!! I always like to read through the success stories section whenever I lose hope lol. This is very, very inspiring :)
  • JillUrbina
    JillUrbina Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love your advice at the end, it's the most honest and accurate I've heard. You're awesome! Congratulations on all your success :)
  • NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Very encouraging! Thank you for sharing!
  • bbandme
    bbandme Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Wow, huge transformation, well done!!
  • marievinejackson
    marievinejackson Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well done!! You look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!