Wobbly Thighs

Options
Hi everyone.

I'm working on toning problem areas, and nothing i'm doing seems to be working on my thighs. Does anyone know any decent stretches/ exercises? I run and I do lunges...but that's all I know of that I can easily do on a daily basis.

Any help would be much appreciated!

x

Replies

• Amers85
    Amers85 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have a similar problem that I am working on. Have you thought of adding squats to your leg routine? I will be watching this thread because I would love some ideas too.
  • mmulhern914
    mmulhern914 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Walking, running, lunges.....do you belong to the gym?
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Squats.. I love sumo squats
  • gail2207
    gail2207 Posts: 133
    Options
    I've tried squats before and I don't know what's wrong with me but I just can't get the hang of them. I tried on wii fit and just couldn't do it, my boyfriend had to physically stand behind me and move my body for me!!

and mmulhern914 yes I go to the gym about 4-5 a week but mostly work on my upper body with weights because I'm not aware of anything I can do for my thighs/ lower body!
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dansofia
    dansofia Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Spinning classes...tones glutes, inner and outer thighs and is an amzing cardio workout.
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Use the squat machine at the gym.. Once you get the hang of it, its fantastic.
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    At the gym you can use the leg press machine and the abductor machine those do help. For squats try holding on to the back of a chair when you do them. Or act as if you are going to sit down on the chair but changed your mind and stand back up. You can do this with an actual chair since it is much easier to fall into the chair than the floor. Bike riding too is helpful. good luck!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    www.bodyrock.tv has free videos and she works legs a lot (at home). To squat stand in front of your chair/couch with your feet shoulder width apart. Then act like you are going to sit but stop just above the chair. Once you get the movement of sitting back and keeping your knees behind your toes then work on keeping your chest up. Practice, practice, practice.

At the gym here is what I do for legs:
    Jump squats (2 sets of 15)
    Plie dumbell squats (3 sets of 10)
    Leg press (3 sets of 10)
    Leg curl (3 sets of 10)
    Leg extention (3 sets of 10)
    Calf raises (3 sets of 10)

The leg press, curl and extentions are great because they are on a machine and you can't really mess your form up.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Keep on doing those squats - even if it is 5 at a time.....and build more every week...... after a few months you will be amazed at how much stronger your legs are....... Walking stairs is good as well!!

If you are unsteady try to squat with a chair behind you to "catch you"...... just keep on trying them - they really work
  • gail2207
    gail2207 Posts: 133
    Options
    Thank you so much for all your advice. Going to keep trying the squats, i'm sure i'll get the hang of it eventually.

The machines at my gym are, unfortunately, rubbish as it's a crappy college gym.
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    At the gym you can use the leg press machine and the abductor machine those do help. For squats try holding on to the back of a chair when you do them. Or act as if you are going to sit down on the chair but changed your mind and stand back up. You can do this with an actual chair since it is much easier to fall into the chair than the floor. Bike riding too is helpful. good luck!
    Wow, thanks for finding the right names for me! :) I knew what the machines looked like, but for the life of me couldn't think of what they were called...I just came up w/ "the one you're almost upside-down pushing up w/ your feet" and "the one you squeeze your legs together"...
    Blonde moment... :bigsmile:
  • VickiMitkins
    VickiMitkins Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm not very good at squats either. I had a trainer a few years ago who had me use an exercize ball. You put it behind you and against the wall and use it to support you when do the squat. I find it helps me do them correctly.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    my college gym doesn't have this machine, but my at home gym has a leg extension machine that works your thighs...i really like it. maybe your gym is lucky enough to have one! it looks like this (the second picture down): http://www.wwu.edu/campusrec/equipment.shtml