Sugar addict

Options
So I have a daily struggle not to binge on sweets. And currently I'm not doing well. I do well for a day or two I think, and then I lose it. And when I do I go crazy. I just need someone to hold me accountable for this. Does anybody else have this?

Replies

• mayalvincent
    mayalvincent Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I definitely use to have this problem until I watched a bunch of food documentaries on netflix which completely changed my attitude towards sugary foods. Now I think "I can have this, but I don't want it" instead of "I want this but can't have it". I think the most important thing is an attitude adjustment and the realisation that after a while of cutting down on sugar you really notice a change, especially with regard to a decreaae in those horrible blood sugar spikes and drops.

Another way you could deal with this is to pick one day of the week where you decide to really treat yourself to something indulgent, like a gourmet doughnut or your favourite ice cream. Instead of snacking on average cheap sugary things all week.

Hope this helped in anyway, and good luck!! X
  • breanne1999
    breanne1999 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will try this. Today was a good day, and talking about it has helped. Do you remember what the documentary was that you watched?
  • omnipotentmiku
    omnipotentmiku Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I used to have this problem, with soda specifically. It took quite a few times before I was finally able to kick the habit, but I did it. And that's with the temptation that was my dad and stepmom's refrigerator, pantry, and other stashes (so much soda and junk *shivers*). Essentially, it's a mental thing. You gotta tell yourself you can quit and just straight up quit cold turkey and then BAM! You won't even miss the stuff anymore and can enjoy it responsibly when you do have it.

As a last sort of thing, if you don't already make sure you track everything you eat and drink; maybe seeing how many calories and how much sugar you're consuming it'll serve as a motivator?

You can do it friend, just believe in yourself and prove to yourself that you have the willpower.
  • lolagranola1
    lolagranola1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am so addicted to sugar. I try and try to kick it. But it's really hard. Lol...
  • breanne1999
    breanne1999 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I really appreciate your support and advise... So far, I'm in the middle of day two and feel pretty strong about not binging on it so hopefully I can just keep looking back at these posts for more motivation. Thanks!!