Small success ON TO BIGGER!

DivaJadelyn
DivaJadelyn Posts: 280 Member
I'm one of those stories you read on Oprah. Extreme abuse in my childhood, leading to toxic choices in my adult life through both necessity and flawed perspectives/mental health. I was a ballet dancer, a singer and actress. I was thin and dare I say beautiful. Sadly, I couldn't see it in myself. Abuse left me extremely depressed and with PTSD. Thus, when I liberated myself from my mother's home I ended up falling victim to other toxic people and narcissists. People who drove me to seek comfort in food and enabled the bad habits through undermining my efforts to get healthy. Now, I take responsibility that regardless of my mental health and surroundings my choices were my own... I realize now just how impaired I was.

A couple of years ago, I managed after having children to take off about 40 of the 100 I needed to lose through use of this website. Sadly, my youngest daughter passed away and plunged me back into the vicious circle of overeating for comfort. More adversity faced me, as I rebuilt a life without my youngest. Finances keeping my husband and I in a perpetual state of unrest, in addition to the fact my depression had worsened and the PTSD was more severe.

Long story short, somehow a beacon of light appeared to us and we ended up relocating to NYC. I ended up going from someone who had essentially given up to actively pursuing my long time dream of theatre.

NY was just the change I needed because it's not a place that allows you to be really inactive. Not if you want to get anywhere in the city. There is a lot of walking, and the sudden activity boost saw me dropping weight like crazy without changing any of my eating habits. I knew eventually I would need to change my eating habits, but at the time I was focusing more on my emotional and mental health than trying to keep up with logging.

Now, I'm in a much healthier place both mentally, emotionally and physically. I'm 60 pounds down from where I was when I came to NY with about 60 more to go (give or take depends on how I look in my clothes). I'm logging again. I'm slowly transitioning to a more vegetarian and even vegan diet. I'm doing yoga and pilates at home. I'm waiting on the arrival of a ballet barre to install in my living room. I can't wait to get back to the beautiful person was as a teen. I can't wait to get the chance to enjoy that *me*

Here are some pictures, most of which taken when I arrived in NYC or just before (none are really full body because I was miserable and knew I looked bad). After those are ones of me taken fairly recently to show my initial progress. Hopefully, I'll be replacing these with ones of my ultimate success in short order. :D

ld2vcwotboht.jpg
d0suay6aiv5k.jpg

And here I am 60 pounds lighter.

d0m6xaowmimt.jpg
mnnq28lasn6n.jpg
i980lz8i27wf.jpg

Replies

• jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Congratulations on taking charge of your life. Overcoming such hurt can bury one alive if you let it. I applaud you for having the courage to move forward. You look beautiful both before and after. Hugs
  • lung_luong
    lung_luong Posts: 2 Member
    I am so happy to hear that you were able to over such difficulties
  • DivaJadelyn
    Thank you guys! Looking forward to the next part of the journey!
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Wonderful. Thank you for sharing, every bit of it. Congrats on everything
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Well done!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Great job!
  • DivaJadelyn
    Thanks again! I must say as well, as cliche as it sounds, that a positive and zen outlook has really helped me out. It's hard to get to that 'zen' place but once you do it makes a huge difference. :smiley: Also, I have a neck! When I was at my heaviest, I felt like a neckless wonder. lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!