Had a night out

Options
Last night I went out and totally drank and ate way too much. At that point I was dancing having fun etc. but now all I can think about is how many unnecessary calories I ingested and I'm beginning to forget how much fun I had. How do you mentally get over a bad night?

Replies

• chelsmaee7
    chelsmaee7 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I just move on and do better the next day. Sometimes I add in a little more exercise just because it makes me feel less guilty. And I'm sure dancing burned some extra calories too! I always remember being so sore the day after I was out dancing!!
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Yep, you just move on and keep going. I think sometimes we need to enjoy life and not worry about the calories and exercise for a minute, you just have to make sure you get back to it the next day. Don't feel guilty for having fun, but don't make splurging a daily habit either.
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I log it (all of it) and try to move on. If you're really feeling bad you can look at the night and see where you could have made better choices, and then remember that for next time. But honestly, sometimes this stuff happens and you can't let it get you down, that's how one off day turns into an off week and so on.
  • Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I log all of it - the good, the bad and the ugly - and then I think about how much fun I had, how great the night was, and how amazing it is that I can wake up the next day and resume my normal, healthy lifestyle :)
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I love having a night out like that! ;)
    But unfortunately, we all tend to sort of regret it the next day.
    But i just cut back a bit on calories for the rest of the week and do some extra Cardio....Simple!
    Losing weight doesn't mean you can't have a 'life'!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Log and move on. Today is a brand new slate.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    You start thinking about all the calories you burned while dancing and having fun instead.
  • sportjunky578
    sportjunky578 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    When you play hard you gotta work hard..I've been there too but we just have to get out there and exercise so we can do it all over again.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    tanank wrote: »
    Last night I went out and totally drank and ate way too much. At that point I was dancing having fun etc. but now all I can think about is how many unnecessary calories I ingested and I'm beginning to forget how much fun I had. How do you mentally get over a bad night?

It's one day. Who cares.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Just move forward. Consider it your treat for the week and start fresh today. Dont punish yourself or beat yourself up over it, and don't overly restrict your calories today because of it. Just resume with your normal healthy lifestyle today.