NSV: I only had 1 cookie! What?!

Options
I know. This sounds weird to even say out loud and celebrate but for me it's a big deal! For the past decade I've had this disordered eating mentality of "if I even have one bite of something I shouldn't. I'm done. I'm officially not dieting" and it leads to like a week long binge and then guilt.

I can tell my attitude has been changing lately and today at work my coworker pressured me to try a McDonald's cookie. So I did. And then I logged it and stopped there! That never happens to me! All I could think of was "well I ate it but I'm still at a deficit. I'm just fine!" I've never thought like that before and for me it's a huge breakthrough! Just wanted to share with you guys!

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great work with moderation today. :)
  • LolaKarwowski
    LolaKarwowski Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great work with moderation today. :)

What she said :)

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Losing: Good for you. Self control!

I had a terrible ice cream habit. Nightly and too much! I have accomplished being able to eat 1/3 of a cup and no more. If I want more I just tell myself that I can have some more tomorrow. Just wait! Now I don't even eat it every night. Self control! Horray.

70044776.png
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    That's great! I still have trouble with willpower.
  • spat095
    spat095 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I'm with you. I think the only time I've ever eaten one cookie was maybe a huge one the size of a small plate, haha. Great job on the willpower, keep it up. :)
  • tiddolski
    tiddolski Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great job :smiley: it's an achievement be proud !
    I have been working on my willpower too. Tuesday I had a blow out day. Since then I've good. Takes practice.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! :)
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Fabulous going there! It's a wonderful feeling. You've earned some bragging rights!
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Ah that moment when you realize you control the food, the food doesn't control you. Its a great feeling when that clicks...very freeing. Great job! :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Yay for being able to eat moderately!
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    Ah that moment when you realize you control the food, the food doesn't control you. Its a great feeling when that clicks...very freeing. Great job! :)

Yessss so much this!!
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's a really big deal!

• yahiramelendez
    yahiramelendez Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow thats amazing. I have an eating disorder 2. And I know how difficult its to stop once you start. And hoe many excuses your brain creates at that moment. That's a HUGE step. Kip on the good work.
  • yahiramelendez
    yahiramelendez Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sorry its how* not hoe. ( autocorrect's fault) :D
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Thats great!!! Congrats on your new mindset!! Ive dealt with the same disordered mindset with food for years so i know how amazing it feels when you are able to overcome it!