Life after P90X...

Options
In the next few weeks, I will be done with my first round of P90X. So now that my first 90 days is coming to an end ("It's almost over...makes me sad "- T. Horton) I am wondering what i should do next as far as exercise programs. I am considering doing another round of P90X, but i am also checking out Insanity as well.

I would like to hear from others who have finished P90X and hear what you have done to continue on your journey....

Thanks in advance...

Replies

• WomanPower79
    Options
    Proud of you!
  • WomanPower79
    Options
    Proud of you!
  • TAMMY_76
    TAMMY_76 Posts: 199
    Options
    I myself only have a month left...but its not ending there i will be doing a total of 3 rounds of p90x

my first is classic
    my 2nd after that is done i am going to do the doubles
    then my 3rd i am going to do lean

but if u not wanting to do anymore p90x i recomend insanity my fiance bought me that for my bday and after i finsh all 3 rounds of p90x thats what im gonna do
  • focus2bfit
    focus2bfit Posts: 201
    Options
    i did chalean extreme and enjoyed it Its 90 days as well
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    If during P90X you felt that you loved the full program then do it again. Or, if you feel like you need more challenging cardio session then Insanity would be a great option. Many of us have also done a hybrid of the two programs. Keep the weight days for P90X and sub in Insanity for the cardio days.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    for me i did kettleworx for a couple weeks then returned for a p90x/turbofire hybrid when i finish ill prob do straight turbofire or maybe insanity
  • jmecale72
    jmecale72 Posts: 214
    Options
    I myself only have a month left...but its not ending there i will be doing a total of 3 rounds of p90x

my first is classic
    my 2nd after that is done i am going to do the doubles
    then my 3rd i am going to do lean

but if u not wanting to do anymore p90x i recomend insanity my fiance bought me that for my bday and after i finsh all 3 rounds of p90x thats what im gonna do

That's a good idea! Thanks Tammy!!
  • nicolie88
    nicolie88 Posts: 35
    Options
    I'm R2W12 and decided it's time for a change!!! I'm going slow it down a little (a break? we'll see ...) and take on the Slim in 6 challenge and then move on to ChaLEAN Extreme! Since I've been so happy with P90X, I'm thinking this will be a similar challenge, produce great results, with a different twist (personality, more inspirational, etc.) Good luck on whatever you decide!!!
  • jmecale72
    Options
    If during P90X you felt that you loved the full program then do it again. Or, if you feel like you need more challenging cardio session then Insanity would be a great option. Many of us have also done a hybrid of the two programs. Keep the weight days for P90X and sub in Insanity for the cardio days.

I like this idea as well! Thanks!
  • TAMMY_76
    Options
    yvw and congrates on almost finishing ;)
  • TAMMY_76
    Options
    can't wait for my p90x shirt comes and u should reward yourself with one too u did awesome
  • jmecale72
    Options
    can't wait for my p90x shirt comes and u should reward yourself with one too u did awesome

Oh yeah..I definitely am going to buy one after I get done!
  • DaddyMantz
    DaddyMantz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I did a second round of p90x and then did p90x plus. Now I do martial arts for most of my cardio and old-fashioned weightlifting for the rest. Maybe I will come back to Tony H one day but for now I am happy with my routine.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I did starting strength and mma/boxing for cardio.
  • seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    Options
    Great job!!! My husband is going to finish p90x soon and he is debating on doing the Lean program or do a p90x/Insanity hybrid. Congrats on (almost) finishing your first 90 days!
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I did 3 months of P90X Lean then 2 months of P90X Classic, before deciding I needed a change. It's a great program, but it's good to keep things fresh and change things up every now and then. Also, my goals have changed since I started out. I reached my goal weight, and while I still have more body fat I want to lose, I don't really want to get any lighter over all. That means I need to concentrate on building muscle mass, and P90X isn't a mass building program. I'll be doing the Starting Strength program now for a couple months and see what happens.

Short answer: Depends on your goals. Are they the same as before or different now? Decide accordingly.
  • SNorris01
    SNorris01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have down two rounds of P90X now I am doing P90X/Insanity Hybrid.

Here is what I am doing now, I am on Phase 2 of this plan I really like it will probably do this again next time, but doing all the "Max" stuff and kicking it up one more notch.

http://pledgetostayfit.com/documents/p90x_insanity_hybrid_workout_schedule.pdf
  • jmecale72
    Options
    Short answer: Depends on your goals. Are they the same as before or different now? Decide accordingly.

This is what I have to consider....my goals. I want to lose some more weight , so I really think another round of P90X would be the way to go.
  • jmecale72
    Options
    I have down two rounds of P90X now I am doing P90X/Insanity Hybrid.

Here is what I am doing now, I am on Phase 2 of this plan I really like it will probably do this again next time, but doing all the "Max" stuff and kicking it up one more notch.

http://pledgetostayfit.com/documents/p90x_insanity_hybrid_workout_schedule.pdf

Thanks for the info...that looks interesting too!
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Just yesterday someone said use: Turbofire if you want to lose weight. I dont know anything about it.

Also, have you registered to be notified when P90x MC2 is coming out.