Trying to make yourself positive and motivated

Options
No idea how to work this or what I am doing but I seriously need to try something ! So been on here a while and never used the community thing so hey what have I got to lose? Need some motivation and get out of this downer

Replies

• Meg_lee91
    Meg_lee91 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Same here! Somethings gotta give..I gained a lot of weight when I got pregnant with my twins and have never been able to get it all off..and I now have a 16 month old who added some more to that! Haha.. I'm so ready to lose weight and I know how to eat right and exercise I just don't know how to not give in to cravings and keep myself going strong ...I wish I had a personal trainer and dietician to do the work for me ..don't we all right?
  • kirstie_jayne
    kirstie_jayne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    God that's so true .. I don't have children but struggled with my weight for years losing lots then averaging then gaining more and more .. Did weight watchers and lost 3st in over a year .. I eat great through the day but it's evenings that kill me and no motivation to exercise enough haha! Hope there's some tips for the cravings though!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    Start with one sentence you say outloud every morning:

I like myself undconditionally

Some people think that affirmations are dumb. Personally I do this every morning for the last 28 years (I learned it when I was in sales) and for me good things have always happened. I've rarely been down on myself and I believe it help me to create the mind set to sincerely help others too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • crypsyx
    crypsyx Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    motivation to every person is different. you have to figure out why specifically you want to make a change. for me, the first time i lost 140 pounds, it was because i wanted to have a healthy baby. i ended up going into machine mode and spending fifteen hours a week at the gym heh. can't do that go around this time. have a toddler with me, but my point, is that you have to know why you want. vague "i want to be healthy" etc, i found didn't work. it had to have something specific in mind. it doesn't matter what it is. it just has to be something that you want that keeps you working towards your goal.