Party on diet

Options
Hello there!

I've been quite successful in my weight reduction, I have lost over 14kg in last months. I try to avoid alcohol, 1 beer per 1 - 2 weeks is my max. I really love craft beers, that's why I don't want to give it up. And it's been working good with my diet!

But here's a thing. There is a party tonight it is very likely I will drink more than one beer. DO you have any tips for me, how much do you think I can drink to not waste my diet? It is really bad if I drink like 3 or 4 beers? It's really exceptional situation i don't do it on a regular basis. And should I include beers in my calories calculations?

Thanks!

Replies

• UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Just log what you eat and drink. You have been very successful so you know how to do it! Just log what you drink and have fun. If you go over your calories today just make sure you stay within your calorie goal tomorrow. One day wont ruin anything!
  • poszukiwaczprawdy
    poszukiwaczprawdy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will log everything. Should I eat less tomorrow to keep the calories balance for week negative? I mean, It should be about 1k calories over my daily goal today and I just feel so bad about it :D
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Try to think of your weekly deficit rather than just daily. Can you make it up by doing some extra exercise over the next few days or having a few lower calorie days this week? This way of thinking is more sustainable over the long term too.
  • Greenwaterwhitesand
    Greenwaterwhitesand Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    When I go out I don't even count my alcohol calories. That would be no fun! Anyway, I don't know how your body reacts to alcohol but I actually lose a lot of weight when I drink ( probably from dehydration) and the weight I lose doesn't come back ever unless I eat bad hangover foods :P
  • Greenwaterwhitesand
    Greenwaterwhitesand Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Oh and to be safe I sometimes cut calories by 500 or so extra the day I know I'm going out! Just eat light early on and have a big dinner before drinking
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    do you really think one night is all that relevant to the whole? hell, i party pretty much every weekend and i kick *kitten*...
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    When I go out I don't even count my alcohol calories. That would be no fun! Anyway, I don't know how your body reacts to alcohol but I actually lose a lot of weight when I drink ( probably from dehydration) and the weight I lose doesn't come back ever unless I eat bad hangover foods :P

That's pretty bad advice, especially if you go out a few times a month. You should at least ballpark it--the whole point of logging is to be accountable to yourself for your consumption.

As for the party--life happens, and you need to learn how to manage it. Do not feel guilty for enjoying what sounds like a rare treat. Go out and have a great time! I would log at least a rough figure of what I consume, or at least put a note in the diary if it gets too hazy.
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I will usually lower my calories a couple of days before and after (I personally drop my carbs) so I can fit more alcohol in because I know as soon as I'm a few down I'll end up wanting more.

I also try avoid drinking, my tolerance built up to the point I was drinking vodka from and by the bottle on nights out, it was horrendous for my liver and at about 1500 calories a bottle of vodka I had to cut drinking almost completely! I've found I can't reach my goals while partying every weekend. :(
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I actually lose a lot of weight when I drink ( probably from dehydration) and the weight I lose doesn't come back ever

If you could teach this trick to others, you'd be famous! (and very rich)

• NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    When I saw the title I thought it was a new Wayne's World diet doing the rounds. Hahahahaha!
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Try to think of your weekly deficit rather than just daily. Can you make it up by doing some extra exercise over the next few days or having a few lower calorie days this week? This way of thinking is more sustainable over the long term too.

That's what I do too.
  • poszukiwaczprawdy
    poszukiwaczprawdy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, party is over I feel like *kitten*, but I had a good time :D I should have known that my head is not that strong as before diet.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, party is over I feel like *kitten*, but I had a good time :D I should have known that my head is not that strong as before diet.

Oh yeah, if you've been dieting for a while, alcohol will hit you hard. Glad you had a good time!