PCOS and Support!

Options
I've recently been diagnosed with PCOS a month ago, and have been prescribed metformin (850g). I've had a rapid decline in many of my symptoms, and my main aim is to create a new platform for people like myself to talk about what has and has not worked on the way towards feeling much better about themselves and this condition. What has worked for you?

Replies

• lolagranola1
    lolagranola1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Pcos is terrible! I've been dealing with it since i was 14. It's hard to say what has worked for me... several different bc pills and supplements. I struggle with metabolic syndrome and am really on the edge of being diabetic... a1c was 6.2 at my physical a month ago. Dr gave me 3 months to try and show progress or she's putting me on meds. I am sending you a FR.
  • LadyThanata
    LadyThanata Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Ask your doctor about victoza. The results are amazing for lowering your a1c. Doctor just prescribed me with it. Only in it five days but feeling good overall. I have Pcos- no period- and I can gain 11 lbs in a weekend if I don't work out and watch my food. Any one experience pain during sex. Sometimes my left ovary hurts during sex. Wonder if anyone else has that issue ?
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS at 19. I had been having symptoms from as early as 13 but wasn't until I was a late teenager that they did scans and blood tests.
    I have never been medicated for it. For me keeping my weight as low as possible helps with the worst of the symptoms. I do not take any BC as that made everything 200 times worse for me. Mood swings, weight gain due to increased appetite and hot flushes. I thought I was going through the change when I turned 30 it was that bad on the pill. I'm almost 32 now and managed to have a child when I was 21. He's almost 10 and still amazes me to this day as I was told I was highly unlikely to never have any.

Definitely keep weight down is my advice. I have regular periods, no mood swings, no hot flushes and my skin is lovely. The only thing I am finding is my hair is still bad but that can't be helped due to testosterone levels.