Any MAN Caught Working the *kitten* / Inner & Outer Thigh Area..

Options
2»

Replies

• marigolds1
    marigolds1 Posts: 25
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend the machines for most people (although for some they are necessary), but doing hip extension and abduction can be extremely helpful as functional/core exercises for any gender. A lot of my clients have significantly alleviated lower back pain by just adding these two exercises.

Yep. Helps with piriformis syndrome/problems as well.

Gotta work the taint, people.
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Gotta work the taint, people.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Just do squats. It is one exercise that will hit all of those muscles, and will work them better. Plus you look a lot cooler with 300lbs on your back than sitting on a machine spreading your legs.

I do squats with 300 pounds, 6 sets of 12. Then I do another 6 sets of 12 Plie squats with the same 300 pounds. Then I do some lunges and deadlifts. Then I hit the leg press, leg extension, hamstring curl, abductor, adductor, glute press, and calf raise to finish off the muscles. I don't know if it makes me cool or not, but my legs and butt feel like jello when I'm done and my husband loves the look of my butt from all of it. I miss being able to go so heavy while trying to drop some muscle, but as soon as I'm through with this kidney donation, that will be my first workout back! :wink:

I want to see a video of those squats...
    *kitten* to grass???
    My max is 265lbs...but thats as deep as possible without sitting down, lol.
  • spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Why?

Your lower body makes up the majority of the muscle in your entire body.

I always do hip adductors and abductors. I wouldn't be able to squat 495 lbs if I didn't.

In fact, not working out your lower body makes you less of a man. Chicken legs are the most embarassing thing a man could have.
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Just do squats. It is one exercise that will hit all of those muscles, and will work them better. Plus you look a lot cooler with 300lbs on your back than sitting on a machine spreading your legs.

I do squats with 300 pounds, 6 sets of 12. Then I do another 6 sets of 12 Plie squats with the same 300 pounds. Then I do some lunges and deadlifts. Then I hit the leg press, leg extension, hamstring curl, abductor, adductor, glute press, and calf raise to finish off the muscles. I don't know if it makes me cool or not, but my legs and butt feel like jello when I'm done and my husband loves the look of my butt from all of it. I miss being able to go so heavy while trying to drop some muscle, but as soon as I'm through with this kidney donation, that will be my first workout back! :wink:

*kitten* to grass???

me too!!! that would be awesome to see..
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

You squat 300 x 12 x 6sets to parellel? That is an estimated 420lb 1rm. Not calling BS or anything but that is some serious weight!
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    While I rarely work those machines(focusing on core in general rather than individual muscles), those muscles are vital for a hockey player being a strong skater(stability-). The butt machines help hockey players improve power, though a lot of power comes from quads as well.
    So be careful which MAN you call out, you could end up in an old-fashioned hockey brawl.

Agreed. I'm doing Elite level hockey training right now which includes alot of Glute Bridges, Single leg Lunge Squats, Clamshells and other exercises you might erroneously think are for women.

You don't train like a bodybuilder if you want functional muscle.
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options

You squat 300 x 12 x 6sets to parellel? That is an estimated 420lb 1rm. Not calling BS or anything but that is some serious weight!

Depending on her height, body weight (which if memory serves, she has said it is higher than the “average” female) and diet this is not too hard to believe. In all reality, a 300lb squat to parallel is not that much. I went from around a 200lb squat to 325lb squat in less than six months, so if she has put in considerably more time, this is very reasonable.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

*kitten* to grass???

When I was squatting to parrallel, I was doing around 300lbs squats, I had to cut it in half when I started doing *kitten* to grass. I discovered a whole new set of doms after that, I couldn't go back to parrallel squats after that either. ATG all the way!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I much prefer a man who does his squats and sumo squats so he has a nice *kitten* and thighs to one who never works legs or does all cardio and looks like he has chicken legs.

I was thinking the exact same thing lol I hate the huge upper body and skinny chicken legs

Ditto!
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

*kitten* to grass???

I only go to parallel. *kitten* to Grass isn't safe for me after 2 knee surgeries. I do wish I had video of my workouts, but most gyms don't allow camera crews. I have my own set up in my house now, though, so as soon as I'm released to heavy weights again after this kidney donation, I'll have my husband record it for me to put on my facebook for you.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    Options

Yep, I know its more then most women do. I actually set it as a goal one year because I was sick of the guys in the gym acting all muscle-head stupid when I went to the free weight area. I saw one of them squatting 300 one day so I decided to work up to squatting that much. At the time I hadn't lifted more then 100 pounds. It took me a few months, but once I could do it, I walked right back in that same muscle-head gym and left their jaws dropping. That goal is actually what got me hooked on lifting heavy. That's why I'm going nuts having to stick to cardio only and dropping muscle for this kidney donation.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    Options

Depending on her height, body weight (which if memory serves, she has said it is higher than the “average” female) and diet this is not too hard to believe. In all reality, a 300lb squat to parallel is not that much. I went from around a 200lb squat to 325lb squat in less than six months, so if she has put in considerably more time, this is very reasonable.

I'm 5'6", 190 pounds, 19% body fat, and in a size 8. As for diet, I eat at least 2000 calories a day and mostly carbs to maintain my glycogen levels to fuel those heavy lifts in addition to my constant activity during the day. I had a 1RM of 120ish when I started training for this in January one year and had it by December. It took a while, but all that training really hooked me on weightlifting. Most people when they see me guess at least 50 pounds lighter then what I actually weigh because of my size, but it just shows how much smaller muscle is then fat. I know most women are afraid of bulking with heavy weights, but I'm proof that once you get over what the scale says and enjoy the benefits of added muscle, you won't really bulk but you can get strong. It's also been beneficial for my arthritis and regulating my hormones that were previously out of control. It's absolutely awesome what the human body can do and most of us don't push it to do but maybe half of what it can do.