Home remedies

Options
launica20132013
launica20132013 Posts: 21 Member
Good morning everyone!
I was wondering if any of you know any home remedy to soothe tonsillitis, aside from the warm water and salt gargle, which does nothing for me. I need to recover asap so I can get back to my workouts!

Thank you

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Sorry.the only thing I know about it the salt water gargle and of course antibiotics from your doctor and lots of liquids. Get better soon! Rest is an important part of recovery
  • launica20132013
    launica20132013 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Sorry.the only thing I know about it the salt water gargle and of course antibiotics from your doctor and lots of liquids. Get better soon! Rest is an important part of recovery

And that's exactly what I don't have.. Time to rest..
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Since tonsillitis is a bacterial infection, the fastest and most reliable cure in an antibiotic. I had it dozens of times before I was 18, and I refused to have my tonsils removed. No problems since high school, but I can assure you seeing a doctor or even a walk-in clinic will be the best way to kill the bug quickly.
  • ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    I was wondering if any of you know any home remedy to soothe tonsillitis, aside from the warm water and salt gargle, which does nothing for me. I need to recover asap so I can get back to my workouts!

Thank you

There is nothing wrong with taking some time to rest; no sense in coming back too quickly and knocking yourself out of commission for an even longer period of time.

If you really have tonsillitis, you should see a doctor.
  • rayleenhall
    rayleenhall Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Garlic clove. Believe it or not. I've tried it and it works. Take a garlic clove and peel it. Pop it in your mouth and bite on it. Hold it between your back teeth like a lozenger. It's kind of spicy and obviously super garlicky! Bite and swallow until it's gone. You can do 4-6 a day if needed. I felt a difference after the first clove! You will wreak of garlic but it's worth it!