best way to tone belly with significant weight loss

Options
Hey everyone :)
I'm currently on my fitness journey to become the healthiest I've ever been. After having 2 kids, I was 198lbs at my heaviest. I'm now 169lbs and aiming for 120-125 (I'm only 5'1) so far I've felt really confident in my weight loss but lately I feel like I'm really starting to get that extra lose skin all in my belly from losing the weight. What is the best way to tighten up your belly? I have a gym membership, so I have access to most everything. My husband is currently deployed and my goal is to be down to 150 by July 20th when I go visit him :) I really want to get my belly as toned as possible before then too! Help!

Replies

• jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is a way to tone your belly without first losing the rest of your goal weight. But I have heard that ab work (think planks) can improve your posture so at least it appears tighter.

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    The best you can do is continue to lose weight and introduce some sort of strength training program into your routine.

Since you've had two kids though, there might always be a little bit of loose skin there. Sometimes it just takes time for your skin to catch up to your weight loss, and sometimes you just have to accept that child birth can alter your belly's appearance.
  • mikedenali
    mikedenali Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    The best you can do is continue to lose weight and introduce some sort of strength training program into your routine.

Since you've had two kids though, there might always be a little bit of loose skin there. Sometimes it just takes time for your skin to catch up to your weight loss, and sometimes you just have to accept that child birth can alter your belly's appearance.

^^This....and "abs are made in the kitchen"

• alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    A structured weight lifting programme will help you retain muscle which will stop you from looking skinny fat when you reach your goal.

In fact, you'd probably look better 10lb heavier if you have been lifting than you would at your goal without lifting.
  • chadr74
    chadr74 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    jaga13 wrote: »
    I don't think there is a way to tone your belly without first losing the rest of your goal weight. But I have heard that ab work (think planks) can improve your posture so at least it appears tighter.

Love the posture comment! To many people walking around hunched over staring at the ground!
  • chadr74
    chadr74 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    During your continued weight loss success I would try lotions for skin elasticity.