most accurate scales??

Options
Hi:smile:

when i weigh myself on my home scales it is always different weight from shop scales? i can never get an accurate reading, which type of scales do you use are the digital ones better? Also when i put my scales on different surfaces it gives out diff readings:noway:

Replies

• xdannigirl
    xdannigirl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You need to put your scale on the flattest, hardest surface possible - no carpet! I usually put mine on the bathroom floor, and which is ceramic tile. As far as I know, I'm getting an accurate reading (tested it with 10lb weight), but apparently my scale is 2 lbs off from my dog's vet's scale (mind you my mom and sister don't put the scale in the same spot I do).
  • janelle1993
    janelle1993 Posts: 128
    Options
    :smile: The one i like and seems most accurate is the weight watcher's digital scale. put it on a hard flat suface like tile or wood floor:smile:
  • amira78
    amira78 Posts: 30
    Options
    thanks for the replys, ill check out the weightwatchers one, and stop weighing myself all over the house!! x
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options

when i weigh myself on my home scales it is always different weight from shop scales? i can never get an accurate reading, which type of scales do you use are the digital ones better? Also when i put my scales on different surfaces it gives out diff readings:noway:

Different scales will almost always give you different readings, so whatever scale you choose, stick with it!

I like the digitals because I can actually see them without my glasses. And they usually measure in .2lb increments.

I've been quite happy with this scale: http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Bathroom-Technology/dp/B001KXZ808/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1306191306&sr=8-1

As others have said, you need to always pace the scale on the flattest area you can find and on a bare, hard floor. It's best if you put it in the same place every time.
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options

Different scales will almost always give you different readings, so whatever scale you choose, stick with it!

I like the digitals because I can actually see them without my glasses. And they usually measure in .2lb increments.

I've been quite happy with this scale: http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Bathroom-Technology/dp/B001KXZ808/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1306191306&sr=8-1

As others have said, you need to always pace the scale on the flattest area you can find and on a bare, hard floor. It's best if you put it in the same place every time.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this scale! Very accurate. Weighed myself at dr's office came home got on this scale same measurement!
  • amira78
    amira78 Posts: 30
    Options
    thanks for the tips and links
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I just bought a new scale today from Walmart.

It's a Heath'O Meter one. (http://www.healthometer.com/Product.aspx?cid=1087&pid=8519)

It has a very easy to read backlit display that shows weight, body fat % and hydration.

It's nice because it's programmable up to 4 people. It keeps your gender, age, date, lbs lost, goal weight etc. in memory for you.

Now if it only said I was 145.....