Before and During - 5'3 - 35 lbs lost *with photos*

Options
rcontr7
rcontr7 Posts: 61 Member
Height: 5'3
Starting weight: 190 (size 12-14)
Current weight: 155 (size 8, fitting a size 6 but snug)
Goal weight: ~125-130

I began working out regularly Sept. 4 2014 and after losing 30 I maintained at 160 or so between January and April and have been working on finishing the rest. I'm noticing that it is requiring more patience now that I've become closer to a healthy weight but also that it's become easier as I've developed some habits and enjoy exercise. I do a lot of spinning, running, weight lifting (Stronglifts 5x5).

Some tips:

1. Eat healthy food - everyone says a calorie is a calorie but paying attention to the value of food you eat will help you fuel your work outs and make you feel better. I quit consuming "diet foods" and artificial sweeteners and have noticed that I no longer crave sugar like I used to.

2. GET A HEART RATE MONITOR WITH A STRAP. This has been my single largest motivator to workout.

3. Do an exercise that you like and it will no longer be a chore. Just because someone else is successful with something doesn't mean that's the only way to do it. I hate Zumba, TRX, elliptical, recumbent bicycles, at home bodyweight workout videos and Turbokick. I've tried lots of different types of exercise to just see if I like them. Take what you like - leave the rest. Also, just because something is hard doesn't mean that you won't like it.

4. Be nice to yourself.

Now for pictures...

Weight: 190 Sizes: 12/14, L/XL
166854_1251584892251_3036846_n_zpsucafwgzm.jpg

Weight: 155 Size: Small (dress)
image_zpshdbvb0l8.jpeg

Weight: 155 Size: 8
image-5_zpsmsfg1nou.jpeg

Left: 190 Right: 158 Size 8 (shorts)
image-3_zpsrtwn78el.jpeg

I'll be sure to update once I hit Sept. 4 when I've been getting healthy for one year. More than halfway already!! Only another 25 to go!

Replies

• believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Great job you look amazing!!
  • EvelynR1967
    EvelynR1967 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    you are doing amazing & look wonderful!
  • kmclamb13
    kmclamb13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You have done great, Congrats on your success!
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Nicely done, girl. You look fantastic :)
  • K_Huck
    K_Huck Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This is so motivational! You are my height and your starting weight is my weight now so it's nice to know what I could look like soon. Keep up the good work!
  • blossom015
    blossom015 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look great! Your abs look good as well. :)
  • rcontr7
    Options
    blossom015 wrote: »
    You look great! Your abs look good as well. :)

Haha! I wish those were abs! :) I'm afraid it's just chub right now but your comment sure is motivating!

Thanks everybody!! Feel free to add me, especially if you have similar goals!
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Just beautiful!
    Hope you bought the blue dress. It looked great. :o)
  • Tezzi_B
    Tezzi_B Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You look FABULOUS!!!!!!! i look forward to seeing your ultimate goal wait photos...

We are similar height I'm 5'4" and have the same goal, i want to get down to 126lbs... currently 146.5lbs :smile:
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Well done!
  • purplehermit
    purplehermit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow this is so inspiring! I am also 5'3" and am starting at 190, but I look like I weigh about 220. I hope I can also be able to accomplish what you have done. Looking forward to seeing you hit your goal weight :)
  • kelseyjoxo
    kelseyjoxo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! I am 5'3 and 190 also and my goal is 150 and then eventually 120-130 range. Just what I needed tonight for inspiration!! <3
  • MeganMcK11
    MeganMcK11 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, you're an inspiration!
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Looking good
  • rachemsnatchemrobots
    rachemsnatchemrobots Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look great!! I'm about the same starting weight, and looking forward to hitting in the 150s again! Anyone who is interested can friend me on here too :)
  • berrygirl2013
    berrygirl2013 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Looking good! I'm a similar height and weight to you and have a similar goal weight! Hoping to hit by September as well! :)
  • rcontr7
    Options
    Thanks everybody! :)
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    well done!
  • mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Well done, girl!!! Gorgeous!
  • jlfrye317
    jlfrye317 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look great, way to go! Thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!