Recover from a binge week?

Options
The past week(ish), and I know it will continue through this week, have been very busy and filled with lots of unhealthy food. We've had dinners out and last night was a bonfire for the beginning of summer filled with pizza and cookies. Today is an open house, next weekend is filled with open houses and everywhere I look is just more junk food. Plus, we have lots of leftovers from last night, since the fire was at our place, just calling my name. Anyway, I'm feeling pretty guilt about all the crap I've eaten and was wondering how to rebound back to healthy? I'm craving all of the sweets and salty foods and I know I'll be surrounded my them the next couple of days. How should I deal?

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Make a point to go buy some more nutritious snacks. Eat those. Then Enjoy some pizza and cookies in a smaller amount. Nothing wrong with eating pizza and cookies unless its the majority of your diet.
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Keep a bottle of water handy and keep sipping it.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    ellamaries wrote: »
    The past week(ish), and I know it will continue through this week, have been very busy and filled with lots of unhealthy food. We've had dinners out and last night was a bonfire for the beginning of summer filled with pizza and cookies. Today is an open house, next weekend is filled with open houses and everywhere I look is just more junk food. Plus, we have lots of leftovers from last night, since the fire was at our place, just calling my name. Anyway, I'm feeling pretty guilt about all the crap I've eaten and was wondering how to rebound back to healthy? I'm craving all of the sweets and salty foods and I know I'll be surrounded my them the next couple of days. How should I deal?
    Don't allow your self to continue with the excuses, sorry if that sounds harsh but I mean well.
    You can make good choices when you eat out, salad with steak or chicken etc. You can make the same choices when eating at friends houses.
    If you do blow out, own it. Log it to the closest you can then over estimate it. The shock of seeing your potential weight gain if you carry on will hopefully spur you on to eat less.
    Nothing wrong with the odd blow out, just be honest with yourself and your diary about it.

• mlipps08
    mlipps08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Throw away the junk that is at your house. Eat something uber healthy, like a bowl full of broccoli, before you go to these events so you are not hungry for the junk.
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Go do a good intense workout. Sweating it all out will help you feel better about yourself. Don't eat the pizza etc even in moderation. You're already over your weekly calorie goals (I'm assuming). Throw it all out. It's not a waste of food since it's basically garbage anyway. Drink a lot of water to help with the craving and eat protein!

This is what I would do. You can do whatever you want, but continuing to binge will only make you further from your goals. The choice is always up to you! Hopefully it'll be one you won't regret :)
  • msmichydo
    msmichydo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I agree, being honest with yourself is super helpful. My birthday was this week, so you can imagine all the cakes and alcohol that sat in front of me. I know I'll be over this week, and that's ok! Sunday onwards I know I'll go back to it and won't feel guilty cuz it's only once in a blue moon! We aren't perfect, we're gonna fall off the wagon from time to time, as long as you recognize that, don't feel guilty, just move on and keep sticking to it! :)
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    mlipps08 wrote: »
    Throw away the junk that is at your house. Eat something uber healthy, like a bowl full of broccoli, before you go to these events so you are not hungry for the junk.

There's no need to throw food out.
    OP, I was in a similar situation last week. I had takeaway on the semi final nights of Eurovision and then a big party with lots of alcohol and food on Eurovision night! What I did is I allowed myself just a little of the leftovers each day. That way, most of them got eaten by my sister and my dad before I could eat them, but I didn't feel deprived. Good luck, OP!