HELP PLEASE.................................................

Options
Hi all, hope you had a good Xmas :drinker: .

For two weeks before Xmas I weighed myself as usual (once a week) but did not lose any weight on either occassion:noway: , even after sticking to my calorie intake :angry:
I have to weigh in again tomorrow morning and am feeling very demotivated with the thought of NOT :grumble: loosing AGAIN.
HELP can any of the MFP'ers give me some suggestions on what to do?, my daughter-in-law suggested I go way over my calorie limit and cut down on my excercise :sad: but I am worried this will make it worse?:explode:.
Is this what you call PLATEAUING???????, how do I kick start my weight loss again?????.
HELP :sad: HELP :blushing: :explode:

"Life may not be the party we hoped for :grumble: :noway: but while we are here we might as well dance! :wink:"

Replies

• Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options

For two weeks before Xmas I weighed myself as usual (once a week) but did not lose any weight on either occassion:noway: , even after sticking to my calorie intake :angry:
    I have to weigh in again tomorrow morning and am feeling very demotivated with the thought of NOT :grumble: loosing AGAIN.
    HELP can any of the MFP'ers give me some suggestions on what to do?, my daughter-in-law suggested I go way over my calorie limit and cut down on my excercise :sad: but I am worried this will make it worse?:explode:.
    Is this what you call PLATEAUING???????, how do I kick start my weight loss again?????.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for :grumble: :noway: but while we are here we might as well dance! :wink:"
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I am just giving you a bump because I have been on a plateau for 3 weeks myself... Maybe we will both get some answers!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Ok, first of all...do you HAVE to weigh in tomorrow? I mean is it a WW deal or a MFP challenge or something...if the thought of weighing in might send you into a tail spin...I say...sit it out and wait a week. It's certainly not worth binging over to get on the scale!!

Some on a platue do increase their cals to give themselves a jolt and often times that works...if what you're doing now isn't working, would it hurt to try something differerent...probably not!:wink:

If you're getting in all your cals, excercise, etc.... it could certainly be a platue....although I just scrolled down and see you have a small amount of weight left to lose..... that can really slow down at the end for folks. Keep that into consideration.

Have you been keeping the tape measure handy? Trying on different clothes?? Perhaps the scale is not your best measuring device at the moment....

If you're doing everything right....keep it up and kick the scale under the bed for a bit...much less stress on you AND your body worrying about it!:drinker:

Hope something here has helped out at least a bit...

FC:heart:
  • HeatherD
    HeatherD Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I think Fitness_chick is absolutely right. Of course we are all wanting to see those numbers on the scale go down, but if it causes too much stress and anxiety to see those numbers, take a break from the scale. If we know that we are eating well and moving our bodies, it will happen.

Quick story: Ten years ago, before I was married, I was trying to lose weight so I would look great and fit into a dress I bought that was waaaaaay too tight (BTW it was a purple and white, checked mini dress....what was I thinking???:blushing: All I can say is I loved it at the time.....yes those WERE my drinking days!!).

I was living overseas at the time and I didn't own a scale, but I was working hard at improving my fitness and my weight. Every few weeks I would try that dress on. At first the zipper gaped. Then it started to inch its way up. Soon the zipper was up, but still too tight to wear in public. Over the weeks and months it got so I could actually wear it out...AND I DID - in all its purple and white checked glory! I wore it to a BBQ and got tonnes of compliments.

I wouldn't wear a dress like that anymore, but I tell you I would LOVE to fit into it...

I too can get very depressed by numbers. I have to tell myself I am still the same wonderful me, whether I get on the scale or not, and whether the numbers are down or not.

hang in there...you can do this!!:flowerforyou:
  • kristineh86
    Options
    I agree with fitness_chick and heather. Another thing i'd like to add is I found myself plateuing (when I was in weight loss mode) when I was eating the same thing over and over again. Someone suggested I mix it up with what I eat and when I eat. When I did that, I started losing weight again! Just a suggestion and good luck! :)
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Try switching your exercise regime also. Try different exercises when lifting weights and a different method of cardio also. I'm addicted to the scale and upset myself too when the numbers go up, or don't move. Cut back on the Carbs also. Try not eating grains -(have 1 a day preworkout )and too much fruit-have 1 a day for a few weeks. Add more protein, lean of course, and of course watch the fat intake, eat lots of those dang veggies. Try going hard with the change for even a week and hopefully you'll see scale movement. :happy:
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL for your motivation, it is not totally necessary to weigh in tomorrow :laugh: but for the first few weeks after joining MFP :bigsmile: I lost weight at a steady pace, now my weight loss is static :grumble: and I am getting stressed about it :noway: :mad: :blushing: .

I will try not letting it get to me for A.n.o.t.h.e.r. week and see how it goes.

Thanks :flowerforyou: again and keep the info coming please :tongue:

"Life may not be the party we hoped for :explode: but while we are here we might as well dance!:smooched: :blushing: :bigsmile: "
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Love the quote. We're all in this together remember....:smile: