whats your fave snack??

Options
What's your favorit healthy snack or meal?? How do you make it....Details :laugh:

Replies

• dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    My fav snack so far is Hungry Girl Gimme s'more sundae

Fat free choc ice cream - 1/2 cup
    Jet puffed marshmallows about 2 tbs
    mini choc chips, 1tbs
    fat free honey graham cracker - half
    and topped with reddi whip

This is awesome, tastes soo good and is just under 200 calories, depending on how much of each you use!
  • cbenj09
    cbenj09 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    OMG that sounds DELICIOUS!!! Going home and making some tonite! :drinker:
  • hanson22
    hanson22 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    By far the best discovery I have made since starting this diet is greek yogurt. I literally use it in everything. 1 cup of fat free greek yogurt has 23 grams of protein...that is just as good as eating an entire salmon filet.

Mix it up in smoothies or dice up some berries on top and drizzle with agave nectar or honey. absolutely amazing :)

Good luck!
  • TessaL221
    TessaL221 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack is a special K chocolatey pretzel.

My favorite meal is 4 oz of chicken breast made with a lil olive oil and McCormick Salt free Original All-Purpose seasoning. Pair it with Yukon Gold or Red baked potato with 1pat of unsalted butter, and 1-2 cups hearts of romaine salad with wishbone salad spritzer in Italian. Under 300 cals and fills the belly like nothing else!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes.
  • trishah03
    trishah03 Posts: 4
    Options
    I take half a bell pepper cut into strips and dip it in those laughing cow light cheese wedges, the sun-dried tomato mozzarella is my favorite. Its about 40 calories with the bulk of them coming from the cheese.
    Also Quakers Instant Butter Grits for breakfast. One pack is only 100 calories but fills you up as well as oatmeal.
  • Aetarac
    Aetarac Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am really liking rye crisps and hummus. That and greek yogurt but the yogurt thing is now a staple food; mix with berries or act as sub for sour cream yum.
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Any kind of fruit, kashi bars, and my latest favorite is taking an avocado and mashing it with some pico de gallo (found in the deli section in a lot of places now, or you can chop in whatever veggies you like) and spooning the mixture into a piece of turkey, rolling it up, and eating it! SO tasty and SO filling - 1/2 cup of the avocado mix has about 120 calories and you get 6 pieces of turkey for 45 (depending on the turkey)
  • connamiragna
    Options
    Toasted LIGHT Wheat Bread dipped in mustard. 2 Slices- 80 Calories
  • bmonahan115
    bmonahan115 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    my latest favorite is taking an avocado and mashing it with some pico de gallo (found in the deli section in a lot of places now, or you can chop in whatever veggies you like) and spooning the mixture into a piece of turkey, rolling it up, and eating it! SO tasty and SO filling - 1/2 cup of the avocado mix has about 120 calories and you get 6 pieces of turkey for 45 (depending on the turkey)

omg thnks for the boost! i've been slicing avacado and rolling it up in deli meats, never thought to add a pico!! sounds so much yummier! and all the protein. omegas and fiber for barely any cals! i'd had to agree with that being amoungst my fav.snacks! and/or my bf's froyo, with greek yogurt goji berries mixed berries and dark chocolate blended! OMG protein and fiber packed, it's the only other ice cream replacement i enjoy outside of a frozen banana!! between the two you'll never miss ice cream! haha
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I usually have some trader joes spicy hummus dip with crackers but am thinking maybe celery and the hummus would be a better option, hmmm?
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    twizzlers ...... duh
  • grulz
    grulz Posts: 15
    Options
    a handful of kettlecorn popcorn is awesome and fills you up way more then you would think!
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    1 cup of fesh strawberries
    1/2 cup dutch chocolate frozen yogurt
    fat free whip cream!

SO GOOD!
  • epoweleit01
    Options
    I really like low fat cottage cheese (t you can get in the pre-measured containers) with reduced fat wheat thins. Its very filling and easy when you are in a hurry. =)
  • AZiemba
    AZiemba Posts: 17
    Options
    low-fat honey maid graham cracker with 1 tbsp nutella spread on top.
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    1\2 cup greek 0% yoghurt (or more if you like) mix in 1 tbspn of almond butter or peanut butter. Add splenda or honey if you like it sweeter - I dont bother. Its quick easy yummy and has lots of protein:smile:
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    TastyKake Angel Food Cake single (70 calories) cut into pieces, sliced strawberries and a dollop of fat free whipped topping... YUM!
    Frozen waffle (Special K) toasted (2) with a 1/4 - 1/2 cup fat free whipped topping (frozen). Put the frozen whipped topping between the two waffles for a wonderful "ice cream" sandwich!
  • willowrw
    willowrw Posts: 5
    Options
    I like applesauce bran muffins. The way I make them they only have 73 calories, perfect for when I just want to eat something without feeling full. The Kellogg's website has a ton of great (high fiber) recipes.
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Definitely popcorn (not microwave) fills you up with not much calories (and I use a flavored olive oil so no butter and a 'healthy' fat.