Looking for honest opinions on this dress

Options
blueyellowhorse
blueyellowhorse Posts: 708 Member
edited May 2015 in Chit-Chat
Hey guys I was wondering if I could get opinions on this dress. My mom got it from a boutique and said I look really good in it, but she's my mom and always says that. So is this dress cute? I don't really have a good taste in fashion, but I'm trying to change that. Does this flatter my figure or is it too tight? Opinions and suggestions for other clothing would be very helpful. Thanks!

2u4ljed.jpg

Replies

• pumpsncurls
    pumpsncurls Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love it! Very figure flattering too
  • eva_letsdance
    eva_letsdance Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    Wow, love it. May want to change the bra straps.
  • faidwen
    faidwen Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Flattering from the front. It does NOT look too tight. I am not certain about the double straps across the shoulders though, they tend to "widen" your shoulder area.

It would be interesting to see what it looks like from the back, and also the side. To get a proper perspective.

Checkerboard patterns tend to make some look wider, although this is very subtle. I don't think it does that in this case.

All in all, from what I can see, it accentuates a very nice figure.
  • thatsillyshana23
    thatsillyshana23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Super cute! Definitely works well with your curves! <3
  • vadersaysno
    vadersaysno Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    The fit is nice and shows off your shape well. I'm not a fan of the cut of the bottom of it, however. The pattern is nice, though.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    wear it wear whatever you want

its a cool dress
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Cute! With a strapless bra, that is.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Very nice. I'd look into a halter style or strapless bra for it, and some cute flats in one of the dresses colors would be good. I have a dress kinda like that, but without the odd hemline, and wear it with black heels and a light shoulder cover for work/class and switch to bright flats once I'm being a teen instead of a worker bee again.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Don't know what age you are. That sometimes makes a difference in what one can get away with wearing. I'd lose the strapped bra and go for a strapless one, too. Cute dress to go out in on a date or with your spouse or significant other or with just the 'girls'. It's cute.
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Your standing awkward but its cute, and you look great. Wear your hair down, and some Black High heels.
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Yup - its a keeper. Agree with the others, once bra straps gone, it will look great and it accentuates a lovely figure,
    Trust your mum!!!!
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Nice dress and it looks great on you! You just need to wear your bra straps halter style.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I don't like the weird dip to longer in the front nor the bra straps that show. I don't have a problem with the fit of the dress, however.
  • blueyellowhorse
    Options
    Don't know what age you are. That sometimes makes a difference in what one can get away with wearing. I'd lose the strapped bra and go for a strapless one, too. Cute dress to go out in on a date or with your spouse or significant other or with just the 'girls'. It's cute.

Thanks! I'm 19.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I'd agree with going for a strapless or halter bra with it, but it's a really cute dress and you look good! If you like it, wear it proudly with that great waist of yours. But, if you reeeeally aren't comfy with it, perhaps it'd be best to go with something else this time so you don't spend all your time worrying about how you look, God knows I've done that a few times and been miserable 'til I was home again. Totally your choice, but I think your mum is right this time. :)
  • blueyellowhorse
    Options
    Very nice. I'd look into a halter style or strapless bra for it, and some cute flats in one of the dresses colors would be good. I have a dress kinda like that, but without the odd hemline, and wear it with black heels and a light shoulder cover for work/class and switch to bright flats once I'm being a teen instead of a worker bee again.

Yeah the bra straps don't look good, I was just trying it on. I will wear a strapless bra with it.
  • blueyellowhorse
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who said I look good in it. :) I still want to lose more weight so I wasn't sure if I could pull off a tight dress, but I don't think it's too crazy tight.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    super cute! I even like the bottom hem... the neckline is absolutely perfect on you minus the straps, of course. Good dress to go out for a fun night in.