waist trainers, body wraps, etc.

Options
Hi you guys, I been training for a while now. Slowly but surely I'm seeing results, around my whole body. I really only work out one or twice a week. Usually it's about 30 mins or so, even though I'm seeing the results all over my body. I'm still struggling with a few pounds right in my belly. I have a inlaw that sells these "body wraps," that she says it has worked for so many people that she's sold it to. Yet it only comes with 2 wraps and the cost is $30.00. I am really hesistant to try this because of the price. Yet, I have also seen these waist trainers, or Body clinchers that many women have seen crazy outstanding results. These usually price about $30.00 to $150.00, yet these clinchers I feel may last longer and have better results.

Has anyone used these previously with results? OR anyone using either now that can shed some light on it how its help them or hasn't. I'd really like to hear from you

:D

<3 - xo Vee

Replies

• Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    It's water weight. It comes back when you stop using it. You can't spot reduce fat.

Waist...of money haha...bad joke
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    There as been plenty of threads about this type of product. Snake oil.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Body wraps will give a temporary fix - like for a special night out or something.

Waist trainers are dangerous and can cause serious damage to your body and internal organs. Not worth it.
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    They allow your core muscles to atrophy. They are terrible for your back. They can cause chronic pain.

Risks > benefits.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Your body will lose weight where it's genetically predisposed to lose weight from. You can't choose where you want it to go from, you just have to be patient. I'd increase your workouts per week instead of looking to throw money at a gimmick "solution".

Side note, your in law who SELLS these things is the one promoting them? You mean...she gets money if you buy them? Of COURSE she'd say they work, she has a horse in the race! (My SiL also sells them as well as uses them herself and has for about 3 years...She's actually fatter now than when she started. Let's just think on that for a minute. :D )
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Huge waste of money. I have several "It Works" reps on my Facebook, and they all say "results can be permanent with a healthy lifestyle!" Just keep your money and go straight to the healthy lifestyle.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's a waste of time and money. Both waist trainers and wraps are ridiculous. Eat at a deficit and you'll lose weight. These products aren't going to work.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    A thread that will go four pages with people beat the horse beyond death.
  • TinaLawrence1
    TinaLawrence1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have spoken to people who have used the wraps. They say the key to them working is drinking enough water, and of course watching what you eat and exercise. You also have to use them on a regular basis. Don't expect to lose 4 inches with one wrap and keep it off. My opinion, do what feels right for you. Although there are no quick fixes.
  • alvarezvee
    alvarezvee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's water weight. It comes back when you stop using it. You can't spot reduce fat.

Waist...of money haha...bad joke

hahahha thats a good one. But deff agree

• alvarezvee
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    A thread that will go four pages with people beat the horse beyond death.

i asked for advice on these products. Not for a general statement. ...
  • alvarezvee
    Options
    Huge waste of money. I have several "It Works" reps on my Facebook, and they all say "results can be permanent with a healthy lifestyle!" Just keep your money and go straight to the healthy lifestyle.

i can see the results on some of these individuals, im such not as rich as them to buy bulks of these wraps. Lol
  • alvarezvee
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    There as been plenty of threads about this type of product. Snake oil.
    Your body will lose weight where it's genetically predisposed to lose weight from. You can't choose where you want it to go from, you just have to be patient. I'd increase your workouts per week instead of looking to throw money at a gimmick "solution".

Side note, your in law who SELLS these things is the one promoting them? You mean...she gets money if you buy them? Of COURSE she'd say they work, she has a horse in the race! (My SiL also sells them as well as uses them herself and has for about 3 years...She's actually fatter now than when she started. Let's just think on that for a minute. :D )

lol ohh goodness haha,
  • X6SHASHA
    X6SHASHA Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can get a waist cincher at TJ Maxx for as little as s $5.99. I like to use one while on the elliptical. Cheap enough to try. You will see a difference if u keep using it. I have noticed inches going going while also losing weight.