What is with this lumpy, squishy fat?

Options
all my fat it's really squishy and not firm like it used to be like the fat around my glutes. Almost like a marbley/lumpy feeling inside it when I squeeze it together.

Does this mean the fat is being burned or that I'm holding water there? im starting to get really depressed about it because i look WORSE then when i started to loose weight!!!

Replies

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    It goes away.. I used to get it if I stalled for a bit and then get a big drop after. I think its a good thing
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Look up the "whoosh effect "

@rabbitjb will hopefully post the pic. My little camera icon has disappeared when I'm posting from my phone, so i can't post pictures :disappointed:

But yes, I've noticed the little marbly balls under my tummy fat. It's normal.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    The fat gets softer as you are losing it. The marbles I believe are just adipose tissue, fat. Its just how its stored on your lower body.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising?
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Yep. Look up stalls and whooshes.

I've got $20 that says you're about to see a big drop and all that squishy stuff will vanish like magic.
  • inyasha23
    inyasha23 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Are you exercising?

yes im exercising im doing PSMF, i do body weight exercises no cardio.

my calories are 800 cals a day.
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I hope the 800 was a typo..
  • inyasha23
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    Yep. Look up stalls and whooshes.

I've got $20 that says you're about to see a big drop and all that squishy stuff will vanish like magic.

i really hope so, i don't understand how i look worse then when i started losing weight though, my whole body looks like jello, i looked a lot better before i started dieting and exercising as funny as that sounds.
  • inyasha23
    edited May 2015
    Options

no that's what PSMF is, just the bare minimum amount of calories to meet your Macros.

its designed to preserve as much muscle as possible while in a huge deficit. i don't have the patience for long diets that last months.

I've been on it for 2 weeks 3 days and lost 19 pounds so far.
  • PeachyPlum
    Options
    inyasha23 wrote: »

no that's what PSMF is, just the bare minimum amount of calories to meet your Macros.

its designed to preserve as much muscle as possible while in a huge deficit. i don't have the patience for long diets that last months.

Oh dear. Is this medically supervised?
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    To save others from having to Google:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_Sparing_Modified_Fast
  • inyasha23
    edited May 2015
    Options

no it PMSF its not dangerous, many people have done it its not a new thing its been around for a long time now.

its pretty hard though, luckily i have a very sedentary lifestyle while not working out so i can get away with feeling tired and sluggish all the time.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    From the Wikipedia article I posted:

"PSMF was designed in the late 1970s as a diet for a rapid weight loss for the morbidly obese.[1][2] PSMF is a type of very low calorie diet with dehydration being a health concern, hence fluids, vitamin and mineral (potassium and sodium) supplementation is necessary and doctor's supervision is recommended."
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Um hmm, your diet shouldn't make you feel tired and sluggish all the time. Is that 800 net or total calories? You say you looked better before starting this program, have you considered that not properly fueling your body could be resulting in a less desirable outcome.
  • PeachyPlum
    Options

no it PMSF its not dangerous, many people have done it its not a new thing its been around for a long time now.

its pretty hard though, luckily i have a very sedentary lifestyle while not working out so i can get away with feeling tired and sluggish all the time.

Yeah, it sounds pretty dangerous to me
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    From the Wikipedia article I posted:

"PSMF was designed in the late 1970s as a diet for a rapid weight loss for the morbidly obese.[1][2] PSMF is a type of very low calorie diet with dehydration being a health concern, hence fluids, vitamin and mineral (potassium and sodium) supplementation is necessary and doctor's supervision is recommended."

The Wikipedia article you posted also says THIS:

A long-term PSMF diet undertaken carelessly and without the care of a physician may lead to serious health risks.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options

You've already been on it longer than the people who came up with it advise
  • inyasha23
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Um hmm, your diet shouldn't make you feel tired and sluggish all the time. Is that 800 net or total calories? You say you looked better before starting this program, have you considered that not properly fueling your body could be resulting in a less desirable outcome.

well the way i see it is that i can feel tired and sluggish for a month or i can do a 500 cal deficit and lose only 1 pound of fat a week instead of 3-4 and have to diet for 3-4 months. i cant do that i don't have the patience for that long of a diet.

i don't know why i look worse now, its confusing im exercising 4x a week doing calisthenics so i cant be losing muscle mass .
  • PeachyPlum
    Options

well the way i see it is that i can feel tired and sluggish for a month or i can do a 500 cal deficit and lose only 1 pound of fat a week instead of 3-4 and have to diet for 3-4 months. i cant do that i don't have the patience for that long of a diet.

i don't know why i look worse now, its confusing im exercising 4x a week doing calisthenics so i cant be losing muscle mass .

Yes you can. At that low of intake your body is literally burning your muscle mass.

You can do this for three or four weeks, and then what happens? You go right back to eating like you were before and gain all the weight back?
  • inyasha23
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »

You've already been on it longer than the people who came up with it advise

im planning to take a break at 3 weeks and have maintenance calories for a week then do another 2-3 more weeks of PSMF.