At this rate i should loss alot

Options
i'm walking about 6 miles a day and eating about 1300 cal and my recommended calorie intake is 2900 so at this rate I should lose a lot I just hope I'm using the app right

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    No, you're not.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Sure, you'll lose a lot, but eating that little will mean you'll lose a lot of muscle along with the fat. You should be aiming to eat the amount MFP gives you.
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Oh no !!! That amount you are eating is more a slimmer woman to lose weight. You need to eat lots more than that. Please check you minimums again. You are doing damage to your body.
  • cedar777
    cedar777 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the above. Think twice before you keep this up. I did the same think when I started out and ended up in the hospital for very low blood pressure!!!!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    futurama-fry-meme-generator-not-sure-if-serious-or-just-trolling-104db8.jpg
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    i'm walking about 6 miles a day and eating about 1300 cal and my recommended calorie intake is 2900 so at this rate I should lose a lot I just hope I'm using the app right

You might drop weight quickly but not in a healthy manner. That's very very very low cals for a male. Most women (yes I know some do :))don't eat that low, as it's not something a person can maintain for life.

We want to lose weight in a manner that we lose actual fat and not our muscle, we want it to be our goal as we move forward to GAIN muscle on our bodies.

I suggest you do as the app tells you... the calories it tells you as a male to eat and go from there.

Good job on the awesome walking... healthy thing for our bodies.

:) Good luck
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    That's really low for a man!! I'm 5'8/135/female and eat 1929/2230 per day!
  • TravelinGal7147
    TravelinGal7147 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well I agree with everything said and besides that starvation mode may kick in and lower you metabolism!