HELP!!!!

Options
I totally blew it today...I ordered my usual...I could have made a better choice. Then tonight...I ordered my usual...I wasn't even hungry...I was only thirsty. I ordered what I loved the taste of.
Why do I do what I know I should not do???

Replies

• julescba04
    julescba04 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Stomach vs head..... stomach won.
    New day tomorrow
  • brandlefly
    brandlefly Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Honestly, we've all been there. Just make sure that you get right up on the healthy wagon tomorrow.

My secret is to not look at this as a 'weight loss diet'. Doing so infers that you are on a temporary plan to correct a problem (weight loss) temporarily. You have to find a plan that you can stick with for life. In order to do so, you have cook for yourself in a healthy manner. Find ways to lighten up your favorite meals so that you may partake in the yumminess without blowing your day and making yourself feel like poo.

This is a learning curve and it takes time to correct unwanted behaviors. Do not be too hard on yourself. You are worth it to be healthy and feel good.
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    This is why I love intermittent fasting 18/6 or leangains. It's so much easier for me because I only eat what I love during the window. I can usually make the calories work.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    We are our worst critics. Here are some sayings (I have some around my kitchen to keep me focused)

I gain weight because my head makes food decisions that ignore what my body wants.

Losing weight is a mind game: Change your mind, change your body.

Universal loaws dictate when you give nothing, you get nothing.

So tomorrow is another day. Get into a positive mindset and go forward :smile:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Joyce65714 wrote: »
    I totally blew it today...I ordered my usual...I could have made a better choice. Then tonight...I ordered my usual...I wasn't even hungry...I was only thirsty. I ordered what I loved the taste of.
    Why do I do what I know I should not do???

Move on and drink loads of water... least that's what I'd try and do. Water seems to really help me past times like this. Lose the guilt and pre-plan your meals for tomorrow. :)
  • brandlefly
    brandlefly Posts: 24 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm sorry. I do not mean to be a 'know it all' or rude. Intermittent fasting, fasting in general, is not a healthy nor a sustainable route to follow for long term weight loss. I have Crohn's disease so eating is not always an option for me. I can tell you that not being able to eat for even short periods of time, has taken a toll on my liver and kidneys. I strongly encourage you to find a healthier alternative.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi Joyce,
    I wrote this thread last week when I blew through my target before lunch. I was disappointed in myself and needed to get my thoughts about it together. Maybe it will help you, too.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10167762/so-i-went-way-over-my-calories-today