In need of quick dinner ideas!!!

Options
Jaime913
Jaime913 Posts: 2 Member
Busy mom of 4 with kids in sports all year around. Looking for a few super quick dinner ideas to use during the crazy weekdays that entail work, school, and sports. I cannot keep ordering pizza!!!!!

Replies

• coryrood
    coryrood Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    harness the power of the crockpot.
  • Jaime913
    Jaime913 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The crockpot has been my best friend at least once a week :)
  • margie_2015
    margie_2015 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I usually try to prep meals on Sunday & Wednesday nights.. I'll make several meals to last for a couple days to limit eating out or ordering in..
  • beankid
    beankid Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Pinterest + crockpot =yummy quick meals
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Plan leftovers. Cook double and put the extra away for a busy day. Make a big pot of soup or stew that you can reheat. If you cook a large piece of meat cut it up or shred it to use in other ways.
    Look up once a month cooking or feed your freezer.
    A lot of grilled foods cook pretty quickly.
    Prepare some ingredients in advance like cutting up vegetables or precooking meat.
    Eggs, pasta, salads, sandwiches, stir fry, oatmeal, zuchinni noodles, bean and cheese burritos, tacos are fairly quick to prepare.
    Slow cooker- lots of recipes on the internet ayearofslowcooking.com
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    marinate or otherwise season some kind of protein, throw it on the grill...serve with veggie side of your choice cooked however you like...starch or grain.

takes about 20 minutes tops.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Cooking for one here...

But I'm very busy

I buy cooked rotisserie chickens often, Publix has sliced peppers and onions to save time making omlettes or stir fry, even toss in salads.

Bagged shredded cabbage makes cole slaw or you can toss that stuff in a skillet for instant fried cabbage

Already boiled eggs go great in those quick salads or as a snack

I have a jug of gold standard protein mix on the counter for my emergency meal.

A few quest bars in my desk if I run short on packing lunch. I have a tin of almonds there too!

Life is always messing up my plans. Trying to do grad school at night can mess me up bad.

Success for me means layers of fallback plans

And amen to the crock pot!!

A whole chicken in there at bed time makes the house smell great! But I do toss in a slice of bacon for a hint of flavor.

I know... So bad...