Beginner small exercises I can do around the home?

Options
I'm trying to lose the last bit of baby weight, it's not that easy for me to go to the gym so was wondering if anyone knows any mini workouts I can do at home..that shows results?

Replies

• csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Loads you can do, just let your imagination run riot!
    Stairs? Carry heavy object (baby perhaps) up and down the stairs.
    Squats - hold heavy object (baby perhaps) and do squats

Your only limit is your imagination
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Baby weights, use your little one as your weight. They will enjoy it and it will help you.
    Also go for a run with the buggy, walk with purpose pushing the buggy up hill. Run up and down your stairs at home. Do it in sets of 6. Do 6 on every step then 6 missing out a step to get in a longer stride. There is loads you can do, you don't need a gym.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Try something like You Are Your Own Gym, bodyweight exercises. Also take a look at nerdfitness.com
  • jasminedouglin
    jasminedouglin Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    You can also look at fitnessblender.com and search YouTube for workout videos. There are tons, for free, with no equipment required! :)
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Youtube have some great beginners exercise videos.
    I agree with using baby as a weight, plus it will naturally get heavier over time =)
    Why not put baby in the pushchair and go for a long walk?
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Some of Jillian Michaels's workouts are on YouTube and they work very well. If you are willing to buy a DVD, her Beginner Shred is excellent.
  • shellcarswell
    shellcarswell Posts: 17 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I've recently began trying to find small/quick exercises for the morning as I felt I wanted to try and do something before work so I went on YouTube and typed in "fun exercises dance" and it came up with a 10 minute cardio dance -think the girl is called Kaeira but it's fun, very quick but it definitely brings a sweat! I do it nearly every morning, just make sure you can clear some space around you though
  • jasminedouglin
    jasminedouglin Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you ️xx
  • suckamofo
    suckamofo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you can, check out the 7 minute app on your phone, I have it on Android but I am sure there is an iOS equivalent. Free and gives you a nice high intensity and short workout
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Nerdfitness.com beginner bodyweight routine