When losing weight does MFP adjust the amount of calories you should be having?

Options
when losing weight I imagine you should lower your calories to carry on losing. Will MFP automatically adjust this?

Replies

• professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Oh yes...

And it makes me sad

Ha!

That is why it gets harder to drop pounds as your weight goes down

Take the good with the bad, right?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    the thing it doesn't adjust is weekly weight loss goal...just remember that when you get within 20lbs it's best to change it 1/2lb a week....makes reverse dieting to maintenance easier.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Unless you are already at the 1200 minimum it should.
  • X6SHASHA
    X6SHASHA Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Glad to know. Ty
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    It doesn't ask that on the website. I'm not sure if the app does though. On the website you need to recalculate your goal. It's also a good idea to adjust your weekly loss downwards as you lose more weight.
  • yirara
    Options
    It doesn't ask that on the website. I'm not sure if the app does though. On the website you need to recalculate your goal. It's also a good idea to adjust your weekly loss downwards as you lose more weight.
  • yirara
    Options
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Mine has always done it automatically.
  • RachelFerry69
    RachelFerry69 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great thank you all for your replys. I'm 6lb down in 3 weeks. So will wait until it asks me to recalculate :) x
  • helenbenzie75
    helenbenzie75 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Strangely mine didn't adjust until I had lost 14lbs, then it said well done for loosing 10lbs your net calories have been reduced. So it was a bit off! :smile:
  • RachelFerry69
    RachelFerry69 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have found another way to adjust them. If you go onto goals and say for instance your loss is set at 1.5lb a week. Change it to 2lb and then back to 1.5lb and it will adjust that way too. Mine has just gone down by 30 calories x