Clothes.....

SearsBD62052
SearsBD62052 Posts: 32 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
For lack of knowing where to post this I am posting it here .....

I truly had an awesome day....

My clothes are not fitting properly anymore... too big..., I went to Good Will and I spent $50 at one Good Will and at another Good Will I spent an addition $112... all new to me clothing!

I refuse to buy brand new clothes while I am transitioning.

I rarely get this excited about anything.

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    :)
  • TaurianDoll
    TaurianDoll Posts: 111 Member
    That's a really good idea! I'm currently losing my pregnancy weight but sometimes I could use a few new things here and there. I really don't want to commit to a full price wardrobe knowing that I am continuing to lose weight.

Thanks for the idea!
  • bambione
    bambione Posts: 30 Member
    I love shopping at Goodwill. You can find some nice stuff if you're willing to dig. Depending where you live the plus size clothing isn't the greatest, which is one of the reasons I want to get out of my 1x tops. Much better selection of clothing. It's so much fun to get into smaller sizes isn't it?
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Another great way is to join some support group, I am a member of TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) and we bring clothes we have outgrown and others do the same to our meetings each week. We are all different sizes, so someones too big sizes are others goal clothes.
  • kallston89
    kallston89 Posts: 29 Member
    You have every right to be happy! I love GW! I've found many gems there after sifting through the racks. It's smart to buy affordable clothes because you will soon outgrow them as you continue to lose. I am no stranger to the " New to Me" philosophy. Congratulations!
  • Divoxes
    Divoxes Posts: 2 Member
    That so awesome! You have the right to be happy!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Great NSV! :mrgreen: Enjoy feeling good in your new clothes. I love giving away or throwing out the old stuff to make space for what looks good on me now.
  • SearsBD62052
    SearsBD62052 Posts: 32 Member
    My husband even found a few things.... he would never wear Good Will items until he married me and even then he was very leery, but now he loves going there.

Some of the things I found were brand new (tags still on them.) We spent a couple of hours in each Good Will. The cool thing is that we have so many of these stores close to us!